Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Redecorating Question

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 10:05 PM
  • 37 Replies

Have any of you painted over ceramic tile in a bathroom?  The previous owner put in pink tile and since we have four boys, pink really is not the color we want for their bathroom.  I have seen a couple DIY methods online.  I was looking for opinions from people who have actually done it.

pillow

by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 10:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
taKENheart
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 10:13 PM

I haven't done it but I've heard of it.  Hope you get some good advice ;)  We moved in our home 10yrs ago and I still have a mauve tub in my bathroom, lol.  I don't like it but was waiting for a remodel before replacing it.

proudmommy690
by Christa on Mar. 9, 2014 at 10:13 PM
I've never done it
sunshinepraying
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 10:15 PM
Never tried it.
ScrChk23
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 10:30 PM

We figure it will be easier to just repaint the tile.  We do not have the time or the money for a remodel right now. 

Quoting taKENheart:

I haven't done it but I've heard of it.  Hope you get some good advice ;)  We moved in our home 10yrs ago and I still have a mauve tub in my bathroom, lol.  I don't like it but was waiting for a remodel before replacing it.

taKENheart
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 10:47 PM

I understand that.  I'd just go for the repaint and cross my fingers but I hope someone comes along that has done this so you can get advice ;)

Quoting ScrChk23:

We figure it will be easier to just repaint the tile.  We do not have the time or the money for a remodel right now. 

Quoting taKENheart:

momma-flynn
by Greta on Mar. 10, 2014 at 9:48 AM
A friend repainted hers and so far it has held up.
Flaca43
by Ruby Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 9:49 AM
I never have and have no idea how that would look. Here's a Bump!!
chicken13
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 9:53 AM

I had a ceramic tub done about 10 years ago...it was bright pink!!  Who does that?!  I had a professional service do it...cost about $100.  Which was far cheaper than replacing the tub.

i wouldn't even consider doing the tile myself...I mean...what about all the grout?  Do you remove that first, then paint? No clue.  

othermom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:02 AM

Never tried

charlene_kyle
by Charlene on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:03 AM

We have never done it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN