Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want a dog, husband doesn't

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 11:12 PM
  • 28 Replies
We lost our dog in October at 13+ years, I agreed to wait a little while before getting another dog, now hubs has decided he doesn't want a dog. I work at vet clinic and our animals are well cared for. I'm frustrated bc I feel like I have to wait until some time hubs decides it's okay to get a dog, he's speaking in years not months. Would you wait for hubs to goes the okay?
by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 11:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
imyourPuppy
by Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 11:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, maybe he is still upset about your dog's passing. He is just not ready yet.
EireLass
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 11:26 PM
I would wait.
bether89
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 11:32 PM

I would wait a while and bring the subject up again after a little time has past.

taKENheart
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 11:53 PM

Maybe he's just not where you are yet so his heart isn't ready to move on so he can love a new dog.  What about asking him to have lunch with you at the vet clinic and introduce him to some loving dogs that are there.  Sometimes people need a small push to become ready again.  He'll come around eventually. Healing hugs to you!

ablackdolphin
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:03 AM

Maybe just ask him to look at the shelter with you.  A new baby will never replace the old one but hearts can be healed with lots of hugs and kisses from a new baby!!  There are so many animals out there that need homes!!! I hope he changes his mind.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:51 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:07 AM

I would wait til you both are ready :)

MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:31 AM

I told my hubby that I wouldnt marry him unless I could have a dog but made the compromise so far that the dog would be outside to sleep.

polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 2:20 AM
I don't know if I'd wait. I'd say it depends on how badly you want to get another dog.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suziejax
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 5:42 AM

pets are another member of the family. I would wait till he is ready too.

mrswillie
by CeeCee on Mar. 10, 2014 at 7:42 AM
I would discuss a time frame.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN