Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I pulled the trigger

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:26 AM
  • 30 Replies
1 mom liked this
and bought DD4 a bunkbed. We used a cosleeper rather than a crib with our kids. Then got DD an Ikea toddler bed at age 2.

DS just turned 2 and is getting too long for the cosleeper. So, he will get the toddler bed and she gets a bunk bed.

Sure hope I do not regret it! lol
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
powow65
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Your DD might accidently fall off the top bunk.
(DON'T FREAK OUT! It happens!)
I know b/c I Too fell litterly rolled too too too far & BAM!
Everyone rushed into my bedroom & I was confused? I asked everyone, "why are you in my bedroom? I'm trying to sleep." my aunt said "you fell off your bed." me, (looking around) "I fell?!" (on the floor).

So if your kid does accidently falls, soft soft soft carpets or rugs! (bounce the fall).
mrswillie
by CeeCee on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:40 AM
She will love it.
suziejax
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:44 AM

i hope they enjoy

SarahSuzyQ
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't think you'll regret it. We got a bunk bed for my son when he was 4, and he slept on the bottom for a while. He moved up to the top after about a year, and he loves it! :)

proudmommy690
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:21 AM
I hope she likes it. I had to take my bunk beds apart a few months ago lol
Whereismymind
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:22 AM

I got one for my boys when they were 2&4 and they loved it!

othermom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:25 AM

Maybe put extra blankets on the floor by the bed in case she rolls off, it can be scary when they switch.

mom2jessnky
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:51 AM

My girls have been in bunkbeds since the youngest was 3 (she's always been on the top bunk). She's always done fine. Never rolled out or anything (it would be impressive since that rail is pretty high).

wandep
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:39 AM

They will love it. When my kids were little we had one. We finally had to take the ladder down during the day because they liked to climb up and down it. They needed our help and it was annoying sometimes. LOL My son never slept on the top bunk tho. He didn't like it. He always slept on the bottom. 

lil_mama06
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:50 AM

My girls all had/have bunkbed's....We've never had any broken bones or anything...Now I need to find some wood to knock....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)