Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New app will flag restaurants with bad health inspection scores

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:49 AM
  • 37 Replies

The new app will allow users to get the dirt on restaurants with bad health inspection scores in a matter of seconds.

It will also allow anyone to report a food poisoning incident right from their cell phone.

Would you use an app like this?

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2jessnky
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:52 AM

Every restaurant where I live and have lived has their Health Dept score posted on the door and if applicable the drive thru window, so this app seems a bit redundant.

wandep
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:37 AM

They don't in Florida. I wish they did. LOL

Quoting mom2jessnky:

Every restaurant where I live and have lived has their Health Dept score posted on the door and if applicable the drive thru window, so this app seems a bit redundant.

lil_mama06
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:46 AM

I would use it.....

mom2jessnky
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:48 AM

Really? I could swear they did... It's that white and blue square on the window that has a Letter (A,B,C). If I don't see an A I'm not eating there.

Quoting wandep:

Quoting mom2jessnky:

sukainah
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:36 PM

If I had a smartphone, I think that would be great.

SarahSuzyQ
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:37 PM
I don't remember seeing this in Maine either...

Quoting mom2jessnky:

Really? I could swear they did... It's that white and blue square on the window that has a Letter (A,B,C). If I don't see an A I'm not eating there.

Quoting wandep:

Quoting mom2jessnky:

mom2jessnky
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:50 PM

It may be that you just don't notice it they're not ostentatious. I've lived in & been to a lot of places and they've always had them. I just know what they are and where to look for them because I've worked in food service.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ: I don't remember seeing this in Maine either...
Quoting mom2jessnky:

Quoting wandep:

Quoting mom2jessnky:

Hannahsmommy816
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:55 PM

think that is great!

SarahSuzyQ
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:08 PM
It's possible. I'm definitely going to look next time we go out to eat, because I didn't know these were posted like that.

Quoting mom2jessnky:

It may be that you just don't notice it they're not ostentatious. I've lived in & been to a lot of places and they've always had them. I just know what they are and where to look for them because I've worked in food service.

Quoting mom2jessnky:

Quoting wandep:

Quoting mom2jessnky:

mom2jessnky
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I was trying to find a picture online to post what it looks like, but I couldn't find any... I'm probably not Googling correctly LOL.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ: It's possible. I'm definitely going to look next time we go out to eat, because I didn't know these were posted like that.
Quoting mom2jessnky:

Quoting mom2jessnky:

Quoting wandep:

Quoting mom2jessnky:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)