Group Home

I Hate Car Shopping! (Vent & Why I Was MIA For 2 Days)

Posted by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 7:03 PM
  • 40 Replies

On Tuesday after waking up to a town wide power outage due to a strong thunderstorm that then turned into snow and the school being closed for the day as the town couldn't figure out why the power was out DH was called into work early. The roads were actually in good shape just wet but that didn't stop some guy from running a red light causing DH to run right onto the side of his truck. DH & and the guy were both just fine, the guy's truck was just fine but our car (officially as of today) was total loss! Luckily the guy has good insurance and totally has admitted fault so after a long day on the phone yesterday we got a rental and will be given a amount of Monday for our car. But I hate car shopping, there is not one thing I like about it besides having a new car. It is also frustrating cuz Im not sure the amount we are going to get. We have not had that car for very long so I have a ball park idea but it isnt helping me while looking around!! UGHHHH.... thanks for reading my vent!! 

PS here is the front of our car:

by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 7:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofnatalie
by Lisa on Mar. 14, 2014 at 7:16 PM

Wow, I'm so glad your husband was ok and the guy admitted fault. When I got into my accident DH did searches on Edmunds.com to get an idea of what my car was worth and actually, my insurance gave us more than what we budgeted which was nice.  It's just a pain because you have to go through the painful process of buying a car. 

northernmommy
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 7:20 PM

i'm in the same boat as you. just got the phone call today that our van is going to be totaled over a small hole a broken tail light and some scraping from when i got hit by a big box truck a few weeks ago. still don't know how much we are going to be offered until next week but we have to start looking for a new to us vehicle too. hope you find something you like in your budget :)

Wish2Be
by Michelle on Mar. 14, 2014 at 7:26 PM

OMG I am glad he is okay. Looks pretty bad.

On the plus side we are having to go car shopping too, because we just cant afford the payments on this one anymore. So we are going to sell it , pay it off, and get a cheaper more affordable car. I am sad to see my JEEP go, but I know its time. :(

momma-flynn
by Greta on Mar. 14, 2014 at 7:47 PM
I'm glad you are ok. Car shopping is boring to me and I hate when you get to the negotiations and finance part.
brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 7:52 PM

Good luck.

slw123
by Shawna on Mar. 14, 2014 at 7:53 PM

That totally sucks!  We just went through something not quite similar, but related.  My husband was a friends house, parked in his friends yard.  The neighbor across the street backed up, way up, right into my husbands car. 

He admitted that he did it and his insurance paid to have our car fixed.  It just stinks to be inconvenienced like that.

egyptian_mommy
by Gold Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 8:58 PM
Glad everyone was ok. Good luck with finding a new car.
Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 9:11 PM

Glad your husband wasnt hurt

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Mar. 14, 2014 at 10:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you! I will have to check out that site. And yay on getting more than you thought!!

Quoting momofnatalie:

Wow, I'm so glad your husband was ok and the guy admitted fault. When I got into my accident DH did searches on Edmunds.com to get an idea of what my car was worth and actually, my insurance gave us more than what we budgeted which was nice.  It's just a pain because you have to go through the painful process of buying a car. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Mar. 14, 2014 at 10:06 PM
Good luck on your car hunt too!!

Quoting northernmommy:

i'm in the same boat as you. just got the phone call today that our van is going to be totaled over a small hole a broken tail light and some scraping from when i got hit by a big box truck a few weeks ago. still don't know how much we are going to be offered until next week but we have to start looking for a new to us vehicle too. hope you find something you like in your budget :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. egyptian_mommy
  2. SweetLuci
  3. BeachLifeMama
  4. proudmommy690
  5. Janet
  6. jconney80