Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Whatcha got cooking?

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2014 at 11:50 AM
  • 9 Replies

Mobile Photo

Can you tell what it is? :-)

We're boiling maple sap today to make syrup... Wish us luck! We don't have any maple trees on our property, but friends who are out of town this weekend invited us to take their sap and give it a shot.

Does anyone here tap trees and make syrup, or do you know anyone who does? We're looking forward to tasting "our own" syrup this weekend!
by on Mar. 15, 2014 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
chicken13
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 1:15 PM

Friends of ours used to have a boiling party every year.  We would all take turns manning the fire and we would each go home with a bottle.

ive got tons of maples in the woods behind our house....someday I'll get to it

taKENheart
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 1:52 PM

I had no idea what that was until you told me, lol.  I've never done this and don't know anyone that does.  It's pretty cool though.
I've got chili in the crockpot right now.

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Mar. 15, 2014 at 2:00 PM
We're trying to get these friends to have a Maine Maple Sunday party... Maybe with maple snow cones for the kids! ;-)

I wish we had trees to tap, but it's all oak and pine at our house. I just have to live vicariously through my friends for now.

Quoting chicken13:

Friends of ours used to have a boiling party every year.  We would all take turns manning the fire and we would each go home with a bottle.

ive got tons of maples in the woods behind our house....someday I'll get to it

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Mar. 15, 2014 at 2:01 PM
It really could be anything, unless you can see the moss or bark in there. ;-) We have to filter it a few times.

Mmm, chili. It's a good day for it, I'm thinking about making soup this afternoon.

Quoting taKENheart:

I had no idea what that was until you told me, lol.  I've never done this and don't know anyone that does.  It's pretty cool though.I've got chili in the crockpot right now.

lyrick24
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 5:47 PM

ive never done that or seen it done. im having talapia, rice and sugar snap peas,.

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Mar. 15, 2014 at 5:52 PM

Sounds amazing....Let us know how it turns out...I've never done it...

taKENheart
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 6:12 PM

That's interesting and really cool.
It is a great day here for chili or soup.  What kind of soup?
I made entirely too much chili.  I'm going to have to freeze a lot of it, lol.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ: It really could be anything, unless you can see the moss or bark in there. ;-) We have to filter it a few times. Mmm, chili. It's a good day for it, I'm thinking about making soup this afternoon.
Quoting taKENheart:

I had no idea what that was until you told me, lol.  I've never done this and don't know anyone that does.  It's pretty cool though.I've got chili in the crockpot right now.

suziejax
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 6:20 PM

I am making salad today thats it :)

Gabbysmom615
by Kira on Mar. 15, 2014 at 6:34 PM

nothiong today i made so much chicken soup yesterday from scratch of course we had that

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)