Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You have got to be kidding?!?! ver. my BFF's wedding registry!

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:53 PM
  • 295 Replies

My BFF (for 15+ yrs) is getting married in December, I'll be celebrating my 10th anniversary in October. We are at different places in life, and I'm really noticing a gap between us lately. Her sister got married 9 years ago and my best friend couldn't believe how much she spent on her wedding, her dress, etc. Well I really think this has a lot to do with my friends fiance, but they are spending the big bucks, her reception venue alone has a $10k minimum. I remember her going on and on about how ridiculous her sisters registry was so I thought my BFF would be the same down to earth girl I've grown up with, but she just sent me a link to her Macy's registry and I am having sticker stock. (I'll preface saying I got married at the court house and didn't get a traditional wedding- I sort of regret it now, but back on topic)...

The registry- the china is all Noritake Platinum wave pattern

Covered veg. bowl- $179.99

Gravy boat- $84.99

Oval Platter $119.99

1 Place setting- $89.99 (Wants 12)

Salt and Pepper shaker- $49.99

anyways it goes on and on, but really $85 for a gravy boat?!?!? The silverware set is $44.99 for 1 setting, good grief!

Guess I am just in shock!

by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
slw123
by Shawna on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:55 PM
14 moms liked this

There's no rule that anyone has to buy off the registry.

suroundedbyboys
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:12 PM
6 moms liked this

No I just think it's funny that she went on and on about her sister's registry being ridiculous, and her's is even more over the top.

Quoting slw123:

angieluvsolivia
by Angie on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:13 PM

Wow!  Insane!  I would buy off the registry or get her a gift card from the store.

slw123
by Shawna on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:13 PM

She must have gotten carried away, lol. 

Quoting suroundedbyboys:

No I just think it's funny that she went on and on about her sister's registry being ridiculous, and her's is even more over the top.

Quoting slw123:

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Dang. Thats crazy

taKENheart
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow, that's some registry. 

MamaJane
by Jane:) on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:48 PM
7 moms liked this
I want to not buy from a registry when I see one like that. My niece is getting married this weekend and I was so pleased that her registry was reasonable that I spent a little more then I normally would have.
suroundedbyboys
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 10:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting MamaJane: I want to not buy from a registry when I see one like that. My niece is getting married this weekend and I was so pleased that her registry was reasonable that I spent a little more then I normally would have.

Seriously, my registry was tiny, a toaster, a tea pot, a table runner etc. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks it's craziness!
proudmommy690
by Christa on Mar. 18, 2014 at 11:29 PM
3 moms liked this
That's insane! What the heck do the salt and pepper shakers look like that they cost $50?!?! She's crazy lol
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:59 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 12:11 AM
3 moms liked this

While yes it is crazy,
Will be interesting to see what she gets & doesn't :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN