Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You have got to be kidding?!?! ver. my BFF's wedding registry!

My BFF (for 15+ yrs) is getting married in December, I'll be celebrating my 10th anniversary in October. We are at different places in life, and I'm really noticing a gap between us lately. Her sister got married 9 years ago and my best friend couldn't believe how much she spent on her wedding, her dress, etc. Well I really think this has a lot to do with my friends fiance, but they are spending the big bucks, her reception venue alone has a $10k minimum. I remember her going on and on about how ridiculous her sisters registry was so I thought my BFF would be the same down to earth girl I've grown up with, but she just sent me a link to her Macy's registry and I am having sticker stock. (I'll preface saying I got married at the court house and didn't get a traditional wedding- I sort of regret it now, but back on topic)...

The registry- the china is all Noritake Platinum wave pattern

Covered veg. bowl- $179.99

Gravy boat- $84.99

Oval Platter $119.99

1 Place setting- $89.99 (Wants 12)

Salt and Pepper shaker- $49.99

anyways it goes on and on, but really $85 for a gravy boat?!?!? The silverware set is $44.99 for 1 setting, good grief!

Guess I am just in shock!

by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:53 PM
Replies (31-40):
lanceandhailey
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 8:52 AM

I personally think that pattern is ugly. Not to mention spending any amount of money on dishes you won't even use. Hope she uses them...

littlelamb303
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 8:53 AM

yes, exactly.  Here on Long Island that is not a surprising list

Quoting Music7706:

You dont have to buy off the registry....some people just put some stuff on and i ignore it.

In regards to her wedding and spending, its her wedding. Im not sure where you live, but every area of the country is different in regards to spending for a wedding. 

Where do you live? JW

la_bella_vita
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 8:54 AM

One of my friend's had an expensive registry and she said she only got a few things from her registry and she ended up having to buy everything on her own. She did the same thing for her baby shower and barely got anything! And then complained, LOL

powow65
by kimmy on Mar. 19, 2014 at 8:58 AM
Some people....... Idk what to say.

Good luck.
Chunkymunkey922
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 8:59 AM
Wow... When I got married I purposefully chose several cheap items. I had a few more expensive things. But mainly everything was right around 20$.
Music7706
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting littlelamb303:

Quoting Music7706:

You dont have to buy off the registry....some people just put some stuff on and i ignore it.

In regards to her wedding and spending, its her wedding. Im not sure where you live, but every area of the country is different in regards to spending for a wedding. 

Where do you live? JW

GOOD :) 

I was gonna say that I live on Long Island too and thats nothing!!!! LOL

10 thousand for a place is actually pretty cheap....I wont say what my wedding cost- 7 years ago! 

pixie-buttercup
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this

I have a cousin (distant) that got married a few years ago. She registered at Barney's in NYC and Bloomingdales. She registered for Kate Spade place settings that were hundreds for each one. She had this huge black tie wedding in a really fancy hotel in Philly. Marriage lasted 6 months

littlelamb303
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this

lol, it would be really cheap to have a 10k wedding here.  My wedding 21 yrs ago was that, and that was very average back then.   I think some CMs on here would be shocked if we told them how much people put in envelopes here  for a gift at a wedding. I am going to a wedding in upstate NY this summer and it is going to be so toned down compared to what they do here.

Quoting Music7706:

Quoting littlelamb303:

Quoting Music7706:

Where do you live? JW

GOOD :) 

I was gonna say that I live on Long Island too and thats nothing!!!! LOL

10 thousand for a place is actually pretty cheap....I wont say what my wedding cost- 7 years ago! 

ajrjj05
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:06 AM
We didn't do a registery for ours. In hopes for green back. We made out good :)
mom2jessnky
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:06 AM

Yeah see I vented about the ridiculous shit my idiot sister registered for on HERE (this group) for her wedding and I was told (rather rudely I might add) that brides are allowed to do whatever the hell they want and the rest of us just need to deal with it. Brides are special and never do any wrong.

So yeah, get your crayons ready, when it comes to brides the rest of us just have to shut up and color.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN