Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Racism...only for whites?

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 3:38 AM
  • 261 Replies
5 moms liked this
I have been reading a lot of post all over cafemom...in several groups...and there seems to be a common theme amoungst them...

"Racism, only whites can be racisit. And ALL other races suffer because of whites supreme naturer in our society."

Personaly I find that anyone can be racist. Not just one perticular group. Plus, I feel that everyone has faced some sort of racism to some degree (some more than others). I do not think its fair to just single out any race and make them the 'bad guy'. In my opinion I feel we all can be socially/morally ignorant at times.

Anyhow, my question is this...Do you think that its true, one race is seen (media wise) as more surpior then another? Do you feel that racism is a HUGE factor in how our society is run ie. jobs, pay, treatment, or even public assistance?

OR

Do you think our fellow cafemom'ers are just bored and are trying to start drama where really there is no drama? That our society has evolved past this racism, and that people need to move on?

Disclaimer: I am not making this post to start a race war. I am just honestly curious, and wanted to see the views or opinions of my fellow adult cafemom'ers. I hope that we can have a true discussion without any fighting. Your opinion is valued even if we do not agree on it. Thanks :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 3:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PinkButterfly66
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 4:34 AM
56 moms liked this

Racism is discrimination or bigotry of a particular race.  And it exists in all races, sadly.

etsmom
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 4:38 AM
10 moms liked this

This. Racism discriminates indescriminately.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Racism is discrimination or bigotry of a particular race.  And it exists in all races, sadly.

Speak Softly and Sweetly; Later You May Have To Eat Your Own Words
Ladyisis
by Jenn on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:16 AM
8 moms liked this

I think racism exists in all races, it is just not one race over another. Sadly, it exists all over the world and there is still slavery today too.

mrswillie
by CeeCee on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:50 AM
2 moms liked this
Agreed

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

jjames1990
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:51 AM
4 moms liked this
Oh hell no! I have had black patients refuse to allow white employees touch them. I have several other examples.
Mznaye
by Jo on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:54 AM
2 moms liked this
This is said perfectly

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

OBImomma
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:58 AM
This. Exactly.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by Colleen on Mar. 19, 2014 at 8:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

exactly

Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 8:22 AM
3 moms liked this

It exists in all races. Some try to make it out to be about race when its really not.

sunshinepraying
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 12:47 PM

this

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)