Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She looks like a man

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 3:56 PM
  • 38 Replies
If someone says a woman with lots of muscle (a body builder or just someone who lifts a lot and is built) looks like a man, would you consider that sexist? Or do you agree that muscles like that equal manly?

I personally don't think muscles=man. I may not find huge muscles attractive on a woman but I don't think they're reserved for only men. I think it's a little bit sexist.
by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 3:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofsixangels
by Colleen on Mar. 21, 2014 at 3:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I would [robably agree.Big muscles make me think of a man

Looneyfarmmom
by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 4:06 PM
2 moms liked this

I think people are beautiful period. I find it disturbing that society has this idea of perfectionist standards. They stick to it so much that it hinders our way of life. I have walked up to people out of the blue to stop them just to say they were beautiful. They could be overweight, very skinny, or unattractive by societies standards and as my husband puts it I look at the world with my eyes closed. Personality is the most attractive thing to me and if I must look at the outer beauty as well then I will most definitely find that person attractive as well.

When I was growing up my Mother use to force those standards on me as well. I was a very skinny and attractive woman. One day I got an audition for a major modeling company when I was 19. I felt like a horse being paraded around a fair ground. They grabbed my jaw and looked at my teeth, turned me around to see how I walked, looked at my eyes, and every part of me. Something in me clicked and I decided that this world wasn't for me. When I met my husband he decided to show me what real beauty was instead of the world that told me it was okay to hurt myself in the name of beauty. Well during this time I became a healthy 120 lbs and my Mother flipped. She thought I was so fat and ugly that my husband would leave me most definitely. It was then I decided to go on a journey towards inner peace and finding what was truly beautiful about the human race. I like to people watch and I would watch how others interacted and every day I saw something beautiful about different people. From their mind, body, and spirit.

AliKatAK47
by Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this

No. I don't think it is sexist. But I do think that if you have muscles on top pf muscles than you look manly. Especially if you have lost all of your curves. 

IncognitoOne
by Angela on Mar. 21, 2014 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think muscles equal manly, I look more at face shape than muscle tone, lol.

proudmommy690
by Christa on Mar. 21, 2014 at 4:37 PM
Depends on how big her muscles are lol..I have seen many women who have disgustingly huge muscles and yes it makes them look like a man.
nngmommy83
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 5:05 PM

I think that huge muscles on women look manly 

yvonne37
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 5:16 PM

ok lets see..this to me looks more like a man.. and not sexy at all (my opinion)

Now if you are talking about lean muscle like these..

then i think this looks good in a women and it is feminine but healthy looking.. This is more or less my goal ;)

Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on Mar. 21, 2014 at 5:28 PM
What if you don't have big muscles but you don't have curves? Do you look manly then?

Quoting AliKatAK47:

No. I don't think it is sexist. But I do think that if you have muscles on top pf muscles than you look manly. Especially if you have lost all of your curves. 

Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on Mar. 21, 2014 at 5:30 PM
Wow! Those top 2 are HUGE!

Quoting yvonne37:

ok lets see..this to me looks more like a man.. and not sexy at all (my opinion)

Now if you are talking about lean muscle like these..

then i think this looks good in a women and it is feminine but healthy looking.. This is more or less my goal ;)

AliKatAK47
by Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 5:30 PM

Depends. Some do..some don't. 

Quoting Jukebox_Jenny: What if you don't have big muscles but you don't have curves? Do you look manly then?
Quoting AliKatAK47:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN