Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you go on a honeymoon?

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 9:32 AM
  • 105 Replies
1 mom liked this

Did you go on a honeymoon?   Where did you go?

If not, why not?

We did not.  We got married by a JOP and spent all our money on a down payment on a house instead.

by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suziejax
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 9:34 AM

Yes a tiny one we wanted to save money there was no need to go into hock . My husband was a cruise director at the time and had already  seen the world so we went a few hours away to a nice place and went to a water park he had never been to one it was simple and fun!!!!!! I had just recently come from a long trip with him so I was ok with it  simple is better sometimes lol

wandep
by Pam on Mar. 25, 2014 at 9:45 AM
Carnival cruise line three nights
balagan_imma
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 10:19 AM

We went on a short trip a few days after our wedding, but didn't really consider it our honeymoon. That was about 9 months later when we went on a cruise out of Lisbon, Portugal.

JessiFaye
by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 10:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Yep. We went to an all-inclusive resort in Riviera Maya, Mexico. It was a gift from his parents.

Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on Mar. 25, 2014 at 10:20 AM
We took a week and stayed at our favorite spot on Pismo Beach. Very low key, laid back and inexpensive. :)
bmw29
by Bobbie on Mar. 25, 2014 at 10:20 AM

We went on a cruise for our honeymoon and we had a blast. 

Mmackay
by Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 10:21 AM

Kinda.  My husband is the army so after we got married he went to Korea. I went to visit for a month so we considered that our honeymoon. 

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Mar. 25, 2014 at 10:22 AM

We totally did. We got married in our pastor's backyard with just a very few people present, and spent all the wedding money on a honeymoon instead. :) We went on a Caribbean cruise.

pinkfairy0206
by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 10:23 AM
We had a wedding but no we did not go on a honeymoon. Hopefully, one day lo
trish2tew
by Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 10:37 AM

Kinda. My mom watched DD#1, and DH and I went to a local Renaissance (sp) festival with SIL#2, her DH, and a few of their friends. We couldn't really afford a "real" honeymoon, but we still had a blast and have gone back 2 more times.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)