Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mamas I need your input please!

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 6:20 PM
  • 33 Replies

Poll

Question: Where to move?

Options:

Tampa, FL

North San Francisco, CA

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 19

View Results

So my SO owns a home in A small beautiful town in Florida. He wants us to build a home together in either Tampa, FL or in Northern San Francsico..what do you think? I don't know much about either and he would like my input but I have No idea about either one.

We want to either sale his home or rent it out, if we rent it out we can easily get about $600 income every month from it. We don't need the money at all but it definitely wouldn't hurt.

We'd like to build our new home and build a family, get married, all that so this is a big decision.

Can you think of any real reasons why we should or shouldn't move to one or the other? Any ideas, advice would be great!
Thank you

Oh also we want the most for our money..even though SO makes great money we don't want an expensive place where you get nothing for your hard earned money.
by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 6:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deedee3849
by Gold Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 6:24 PM
I'm from Ohio so I can't help decide! Never been to either city. Just Don't move here its freakin cold and snowy! Lol
taKENheart
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 10:15 PM

I wish I could help but I don't know the areas.
Here's a good luck bump ;)

psych_mom
by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 10:20 PM

I don't know the areas but wasn't FL hit hard in the housing recession and isn't CA state economy in the tank? I would take all those things into consideration.

aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Mar. 25, 2014 at 10:59 PM

I don't know much about it, I know Florida would have warmer weather

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 11:06 PM
I'm not fond of Tampa but it would be cheaper. I'd go to San Fran.
ambermario4ever
by Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 11:09 PM

I say the central fl area.

ablackdolphin
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 11:38 PM
No state tax in fl cost of living much less too
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Mar. 25, 2014 at 11:49 PM
San Francisco is a very expensive place to live. My BIL just moved from there.

I'm not sure I would want to just move blindly to some place with which I wasn't really familiar. What if you asked your fiance to explain to you why he narrowed it down to those two cities? Maybe just talking it through would help.

Another thing to keep in mind is how close you want to be to family when you start having kids. Would moving all the way across the country make it more difficult for your kids to be close with your parents/their grandparents? Would you be OK with that in the long run?
jackiewal10
by Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 11:55 PM

I could never ever ever live in Florida.  Especially on the golf side.  Have you ever been?  You should take a trip to each location.  If those are my only two choices, I chose California.  Even though your cost of living is likely to be triple what it would be in Florida.  Florida is not the place to raise kids, IMO.  Your family in general will be better off in CA.  Why those two places?  IDK where you live currently, but why not stay there?  Why not go somewhere else? 

celestegood
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:04 AM
Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)