Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Multiple cat owners !!

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:15 PM
  • 36 Replies

Do you own a automatic litter box? 

If so what kind ?

do you love it or hate it?

i am looking into getting one I had a litter maid at one point I loved it it was the original it lasted forever then finally broke and never replaced it bc it was expensive but I am thinking about buying the same one again .

Join us in the smarter living group

by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
charlene_kyle
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:21 PM

We do not have cats but our neighbors have five! They do not have an automatic litter box.

chicken13
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:28 PM

Currently I have 2 cats.  I don't have an automatic litterbox.  Our basement is pretty large and the boxes (3) are currently at the farthest point from us.  I just use scoopable litter and clean it out every couple days.  Full turn overs once every 2 weeks or if needed.

ceciliam
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:41 PM

Up until the last 7 months we had more than one cat but I never used the automatic litter boxes. My mom had one and had problems with the sensor activating at the wrong time....cats didn't like that. lol!

If I were going to do any type of fancy litter box it would be the one that connects to your plumbing and flushes.

taKENheart
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:26 PM

Sorry I can't help.  I've never had an automatic litter box.

wandep
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 5:26 PM

We don't have one. 

ablackdolphin
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 5:27 PM

Nope.  We have three cats. We use feline pine and the special box they have for it.  We keep it in the shower downstairs and since it's just pine and turns to dust it's pretty easy to sweep out.

momofsixangels
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 5:58 PM

I have 3 cats. I just have the reg litter boxes

SarahSuzyQ
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:53 PM
I've never had the automatic, it doesn't seem worth the expense. We did get a thing that's kind of like a diaper genie for clumping litter, and I like that a lot.

Good luck with this. I feel like getting the whole litter box thing sorted out in a way can be a hassle, but worth it once you have it! Also... You should post a pic of your kitties. :)
lovinmykiddo07
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:54 PM
I haven't heard anything positive about them. I have the knee that you roll to the side, take out the tray, and dump it. Lol I love it cause it's so easy
.anonymous
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:56 PM
No. I find those to be for lazy people who shouldn't have cats if they don't like doing it the normal way.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)