Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tricking her!

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:00 PM
  • 47 Replies

now i didnt have this problem with my 5 r old but my 3 yr old! i need help with hiding veggies! i bought this barilla pasta thtas made out of veggies, she had no clue so she ate that! but geeze i need ideas! fyi she does not like pasta sauce

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melliburger
by Melli on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:59 PM

I'm trying out bento lunches with my son. Making it fun and colorful and he's eating everything I put on his meals. You could try that, it's actually not that difficulta nd not time consuming.

Otherwise you could try smoothies. Throw in a handful of spinich and she'll never taste it because the fruit flavors will disguise it. Throw in other veggies, carrots, celery or whatever you have and they'll be masked. Cucumber however will not be masked as easily but is still yummy to add to smoothies.

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:12 PM

Can you cover it with melted cheese?

heydooney
by Danielle :) on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:13 PM
Spinach smoothies?
Juniper53098
by June on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:29 PM

meatloaf, meatballs, smoothies

Barabell
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:47 PM

Jessica Seinfeld has a recipe book just for this. Maybe if you google for Jessica Seinfeld recipes you'll get some ideas? 

Janet
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:58 PM

You can hide them in meat. Like meatloaf. Even hamburgers! Chop them up real fine. Try different kinds of veggies too. Some kids like certain ones.

ablackdolphin
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:11 PM

I always add a ton of veggies to meat I'm making. Like when I make tacos, I add onion, bell pepper, carrots, celery, spinach, etc to it while cooking.  I cut them really small.  It's great for DH too lol.

I love casseroles for this same reason.  When I make tater tot casserole, I do the same thing with tons of veggies like frozen corn, peas, carrots and celery and onion.

Spaghetti is another meal where I just throw everything into it.

Can you make spaghetti squash instead of noodles?

ablackdolphin
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:12 PM

My kids also eat a TON of those fruit/veggie pouches and we do a lot of fresh made juice in the summer. I'll even throw carrots into that.

ablackdolphin
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:13 PM

fried rice?

ablackdolphin
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:13 PM

stir fry?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)