Group Home

Carbon Monoxide Detectors?

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 4:36 PM
  • 68 Replies


Do you have them in your home?

My parents got carbon monoxide poisoning today. They were very lucky that I got to them in time. They called complaining about headaches and my dad was dizzy and having trouble standing. I walked into the house and could smell gas. My mom was crawling on the floor crying and my dad looked like a ping pog ball walking trough the hallway. Just the little time I was in there I was having trouble breathing. I called 911. Had my mom crawl to the door for fresh air and then helped my dad. I got a little carbon monoxide in my system while trying to help them. We're all fine. My parents were taken to the er for extra oxygen. My parents ended up having a gas leak also. 

I encourage everyone to service your furnaces and get a carbon monoxide detector. 


by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 4:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 4:37 PM
I'm glad you got to them in time! We don't have one.
nngmommy83
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 4:38 PM

how scary! glad it turned out well 

DACIA79
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 4:39 PM
Yes we have 4 . One for each floor and one extra that came with the home security system
aubsmom09
by Erin on Apr. 6, 2014 at 5:06 PM

So scary, glad everyone is ok. 

angieluvsolivia
by Angie on Apr. 6, 2014 at 5:37 PM

We do have one.  Glad your parents are ok.

KW1280
by Todah on Apr. 6, 2014 at 5:41 PM
This and I want one

Quoting JasonsMom2007: I'm glad you got to them in time! We don't have one.
ceciliam
by Ruby Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 5:48 PM

We have them for our 1st and 2nd floors. Glad you are all okay.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Apr. 6, 2014 at 6:20 PM
How scary!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amyjane22
by Amy on Apr. 6, 2014 at 6:36 PM

Wow!  How scary!  I'm so glad you all are ok!

We have a carbon monoxide detector because we used to have a wood stove for wood heat.  We now have an electric furnace and the only way we could even get carbon monoxide poisoning is if someone left a car running in the garage.  We still keep the detector, though.

slw123
by Shawna on Apr. 6, 2014 at 6:38 PM
We don't have gas, but anyone who does should definitely have a detector.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. egyptian_mommy
  2. SweetLuci
  3. BeachLifeMama
  4. proudmommy690
  5. Janet
  6. jconney80
  7. momofsixangels
  8. elasmimi
  9. Leelee1008
  10. TigerofMu
  11. mrswillie
  12. lasombrs
  13. SpiritedWitch
  14. ceciliam
  15. suziejax
  16. Charizma77
  17. Apr1l
  18. powow65
  19. momma-flynn
  20. hugss