Group Home

I need some motivational speeches I can give MYSELF. UPDATE!

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 4:44 PM
  • 30 Replies

UPDATE: Today I picked up the 200 free coat hangers from the local dry cleaners.  I also bought some safety pins from the $ store so I can pink skirts to the hangers to prevent them from falling off. 

I cleaned off the kitchen counters.  I put away any food items, cleaning supplies (put under the sink, now that it has been repaired) and I glued my ONE drawer back together so I can put away my silverware.  I hope the glue holds, I will test it tomorrow.  I pulled all the old stuff out of the fridge and freezer to make room for new supplies.

I am on a very tight budget this month because last month I had two very large emergency buys that killed that budget.  This month I am putting the funds back into the emergency fund, so that left me with only $50 to buy groceries for myself for the month of April.  I made a list of what I had on hand and made up a menu plan of go withs that fit into the budget.

I spent the $50 at a local grocery store (loss leader items) and the $1 store. 

This is what I bought.

2 loaves of bread

4 bottles of salad dressing

2 huge bags of salad greens

4 pounds of broccoli florets, fresh, but most of the stems were cut off, so very little waste

4 pounds of bananas, the semi old spotted ones, which are my favorite anyway

8 cans of white chicken

5 cans of tuna fish

5 pounds of turkey hot dogs

2 packs of cheese slices

4 pounds of pasta

100 safety pins $ store

12 pairs of socks $ store ($3)

2 each 3 eye shadows $ store

1 new lipstick $ store

1 pack of 50 garbage bags $ store

2 packs of oatmeal cookies $ store

1 jar of marshmallow fluff for my cocoa (my sweet treat)

1 large bag of pretzel sticks $ store

With these grocery items, AND sticking to the serving size listed on the packages, I will have enough to last me until May, when I can shop again.  I really did not need the eye shadow or lipstick, but I am also learning new make up tricks and this is the cheapest way to explore new ideas.

I DO have some money left over for the rest of the month, all the bills are paid and money has been put into savings.  I have enough dog and cat food, cat litter on hand to last me until mid May.  I am saving as much as possible so I can carry it forward into May and complete the emergency fund in May.  Then June will be back to a normal budget.

I am glad it is just me and the pets, I could not feed a family on $50 per month, I could, really, but it would not be as easy as pleasing just me. 

Thanks again for your support.  I will update as I get more things done.  I am keeping my eyes out on trash day for 6 dresser drawers.  I will clean them, screw on wheels and use them as under the bed storage for bulky items that take up too much drawer space and out of season items.  I will put a beach towel over the items to keep the dust off of them.

I have so much 'spring clean out' to do around my house and I need some motivational speeches I can give myself to keep myself going, when I want to give up. 

I have to tackle the stuff that my children left behind when they left for collage, so I have to sort out the junk from the stuff I want to keep.  There is no telling what is inside those boxes. 

I have to clean out three closets, four dressers, one massive closet that has tons of stuff, that I cannot even describe. 

Remember too, that I am disabled and if I do too much, I land myself back into my wheelchair, which puts things to zero. 

I know to start small, set a timer, work for 30 minutes, then stop for 30 minutes.  But that only works for me for a day. 

Any ideas you can share will be greatly appreciated.  I cannot afford to hire someone and I don't know anyone who can help me with this.  My children live thousands of miles away.   I have no family and friends don't or won't do things like this, even if I ask.

Thanks in advance.

by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 4:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suziejax
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 5:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Girl you can so do this! You are capable to do far more than you reliaze! I will be here to root ya on if you need it! PM me and tell me your progress etc if you want or post it publicly here.

Take it small chunks at a time!! Step back and celebrate each small thing you do before you move on to the next so that you do not get burned out. DO not go like a frieght train once you get started cause your train will prob crash! LOL

woohoo

Seriously this will help you

http://flylady.net/

This lady is great & she suffers from depresstion etc yet she has made this amazing simple system 

MsBlueBelle
by Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 6:21 PM

Thank you!  I am trying to find a bunch of coat hangers.  Slow and steady wins the race.  Thanks again.  I will even try to take some before and after pictures, just to be sure this house never gets this way again.  Thanks again for the cheer leading, I need it.

Quoting suziejax:

Girl you can so do this! You are capable to do far more than you reliaze! I will be here to root ya on if you need it! PM me and tell me your progress etc if you want or post it publicly here.

Take it small chunks at a time!! Step back and celebrate each small thing you do before you move on to the next so that you do not get burned out. DO not go like a frieght train once you get started cause your train will prob crash! LOL

woohoo

Seriously this will help you

http://flylady.net/

This lady is great & she suffers from depresstion etc yet she has made this amazing simple system 

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Apr. 6, 2014 at 6:22 PM
I should be packing but I'm playing on cm I wish I was help
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amyjane22
by Amy on Apr. 6, 2014 at 6:38 PM

You can do it!  Start with the smallest job first. Post your progress here so we can see how great you're doing!

you rock

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Apr. 6, 2014 at 6:51 PM

GypsiSky
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 7:12 PM

You can do anything!

Every obstacle is just an opportunity to display your greatness!

Every attempt is a victory of its own!

Seashell77
by Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 7:16 PM

I am in a similar situtation as you are in. I am going to see what the other moms here have to say, because I'm going to take their advice too.

I know how hard this is for you and I understand what you are going through. I wish you lots of luck with everything and please wish me the same. high five

MsBlueBelle
by Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 8:49 PM

I am wishing you all the best.  I am (sad) that you can relate to what it is like to have a body that quits long before the heart and mind!  Hugs.

Quoting Seashell77:

I am in a similar situtation as you are in. I am going to see what the other moms here have to say, because I'm going to take their advice too.

I know how hard this is for you and I understand what you are going through. I wish you lots of luck with everything and please wish me the same. high five

EbonySnow
by Desiree on Apr. 6, 2014 at 8:50 PM

just do a box or a dresser or a closet a day until you're done, if I lived near you I'd help :)

MsBlueBelle
by Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 8:57 PM

http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Rid-of-Clutter

Not only have I had to lower my standards because of my limitations, my two children seem to think this house is a cold storage warehouse.  I have lived in this house for 21 years and I hope to have a new home built and ready to move in early in 2015.  I only want to bring those things/items that I really, really LOVE. 

Another reason I am in this pickle is because I did have a maid for a few months.  Her idea of weekly cleaning was to bring a huge Rubbermaid tote box and anything out of place got stuffed in a tote box.  I have over 50 of those things to do!  I have no clue what is inside them.  I have grown to hate plastic boxes. 

I posted in my local Freecycle group for my need of coat hangers, so I hope to get some soon.  I will also post to Freecycle these same tote boxes filled with 'mystery' items.  The person can get a full box and it makes it like a treasure hunt.  I was hoping to find someone who could help me clear out, that person could have a yard sale and keep all the money that person makes.  Plus, that person (if I ever find one) can keep whatever they like. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. letstalk747
  2. lizzig
  3. Jukebox_Jenny
  4. powow65
  5. alf2651
  6. Angela4boys