Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stupid dog owners

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 9:28 PM
  • 99 Replies

First, there is a leash law in the city. Second, it is clearly posted that dogs must be leashed in the park. I walk into the park and two unleashed dogs come running up to me and my daughter. I pick her up and the dogs keep coming. I yell "no" at the dogs. The owner tells me the dog wasn't attacking. I told him I don't know his dog and that he needs leashes. He tells me I'm stupid. Sorry, my kid is more important than insulting you. I don't want strange dogs running at my child.

Edit--

I am truly impressed that no one has said I am in the wrong!  Also, This post is the only one I have ever done with this many replies!  So thank you all!

by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 9:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rust.n.Gears
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 9:38 PM
Ugh. I'm not ok with strange dogs.
angieluvsolivia
by Angie on Apr. 6, 2014 at 9:57 PM

I agree with you.  I don't have a dog but, can't stand it when a loose one come up to my kids.

Charizma77
by Carissa on Apr. 6, 2014 at 9:59 PM

He called you stupid? Real classy.. Ugh people like him are so annoying. 

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Apr. 6, 2014 at 10:02 PM

what a jerk!

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Apr. 6, 2014 at 10:09 PM

Wow, I don't like strange dogs running up to me either...

sukainah
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 10:10 PM

I wouldn't want that either!!!  you never know what a dog will do with a stranger, especially a child who might be extremely afraid of the dog.

deccaf
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 10:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I fully expected at least one person saying I'm crazy. I love dogs, and so does dd. but I will not allow a random dog to possibly knock her over, bite her or whatever.
bether89
by Ruby Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 11:43 PM

The dogs should be on a leash.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:17 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 12:14 AM

Not good :(

thefiregoddess
by Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 12:28 AM
3 moms liked this

I dont blame you especially in a park. 
But.. I have an escape artist dog. She charges everyone with a tail wagging and seriously, shes has slipped her collar, harnesses, tie downs, tree stakes, zip line walkers, barricaded gates (our yard IS fenced 100%) even our electric fence.

So if you ever see a little black and white dog with a pink collar in Guthrie Kentucky, remember she doesn't bite :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)