Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Boys and My Little Pony

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2014 at 6:12 PM
  • 66 Replies
My son is 8 and likes MLP. He has always watched the shows with his sister, but he became good friends with a boy in his class that likes MLP, now they openly talk about them.

I don't have a problem with this. My husband does a little. I've had to ask him to please not comment about it.

My son is a sensitive soul, but all boy. So I think it shocks my husband that he likes a "girls show". The boy that he became friends with in his class is high functioning autistic and had a really rough time adjusting to the new school year back in August. My son took it upon himself to help make the boy more comfortable and it really helped get the boy into class without problems. Now they are really close.

I know my son can handle it if the other kids make fun of him, but his friend, I worry about. I know that the boys will look out for each other though. His friend has already demonstrated that he's a good friend to my son by reporting to me about another boy hurting my son at school when my son wouldn't have told.

Anyways, what do you think about boys and My Little Pony?
by on Apr. 13, 2014 at 6:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Juniper53098
by June on Apr. 13, 2014 at 6:15 PM

Wouldn't bother me at all.  I think it's wonderful that your son has befriended the autistic boy.  One reason I put my (autistic) son in private school is because they get to know each other before they realize that there is a difference and are together throughout grade school.

slw123
by Shawna on Apr. 13, 2014 at 6:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't think my son knows his friend is autistic, unless his friend has told him for some reason. They just like each other and like to act silly together.

Quoting Juniper53098:

Wouldn't bother me at all.  I think it's wonderful that your son has befriended the autistic boy.  One reason I put my (autistic) son in private school is because they get to know each other before they realize that there is a difference and are together throughout grade school.

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Apr. 13, 2014 at 7:19 PM

Wouldn't bother me at all... 

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Apr. 13, 2014 at 7:59 PM

I dont see anything wrong with it

wandep
Feeling excited for the New Year! :)
Today at 7:03 PM
by Pam on Apr. 13, 2014 at 8:08 PM

This :)

Quoting momofsixangels:

I dont see anything wrong with it

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 9:03 PM

I don't see anything wrong with it! My son is 4. He is autistic as well. He is sensitive and what people call high functioning (I don't typically use that term). He likes watching MLP with his big sister. I don't have a problem with it. He loves 95% boy stuff (not that that matters anyways). My point of view is if you don't make a big deal out of it then it isn't a big deal. I know it's another story though with kids and how they bully each other. It totally sucks. 

angieluvsolivia
by Angie on Apr. 13, 2014 at 9:22 PM

I wouldn't think twice about it.  My son is too all boy and likes his toes painted same as his sister.  My husband let him know it was ok and let me paint his toes!  I say support the friendship, they sound like quite a pair!

ablackdolphin
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 9:49 PM
Nothing wrong with it at all.
Charizma77
by Carissa on Apr. 13, 2014 at 10:07 PM

I think the show is fun for both boys and girls. 

proudmommy690
by Christa on Apr. 13, 2014 at 10:59 PM
It wouldn't bother me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN