Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Was that all it takes?

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 12:53 AM
  • 29 Replies
My cat kept us up half the night meowing, yowling, "talking." We couldn't figure out why. He had fresh food and water and a clean litter box. Finally I shut him in the downstairs bathroom so we wouldn't hear him... Damn cat turned the knob and got out! Came back upstairs and started again! I put him back in there and moved a box in the way of the door.

Tonight DH threatened to put him outside if he does it again. Well it just snowed and poor Tiger has always been an inside cat. I know he'd never do it (big softie) but he HAS to sleep, he works at 2am.

Tiger is funny about his water and would rather drink spilled water off the table than fresh from his dish, which is spill proof. I put a little water in a cup and set it on the floor & looked away. He reached out, knocked it over, and began to drink it. I went to bed and haven't heard a peep from him. Such a weirdo.
by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 12:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 1:14 AM

Have you tried one of the water fountain things for him?  My cat is super picky as well for his water and it has to be in a ceramic bowl.

Rust.n.Gears
by Gold Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 3:26 AM

I have a cat that will take water into his mouth, spit it out on the floor, and then lap it up. Such an a-hole.  

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Apr. 14, 2014 at 8:03 AM

One of our cats-Boots-drives me nuts.There will be food in the dish yet he has to have it poured right out of the bag when he wants to eat.I now just pretend to pour it.He doesnt even notice

heydooney
by Danielle :) on Apr. 14, 2014 at 9:40 AM
We looked at some but they are expensive and I'd be afraid to try it and end up with him hating it.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Have you tried one of the water fountain things for him?  My cat is super picky as well for his water and it has to be in a ceramic bowl.

heydooney
by Danielle :) on Apr. 14, 2014 at 9:44 AM
When Rob was alive he couldn't eat if he could see the bottom of the bowl. I would just shake it to redistribute the food. It was like magically refilling the bowl!

Quoting momofsixangels:

One of our cats-Boots-drives me nuts.There will be food in the dish yet he has to have it poured right out of the bag when he wants to eat.I now just pretend to pour it.He doesnt even notice

heydooney
by Danielle :) on Apr. 14, 2014 at 9:44 AM
Lol! Cats...

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

I have a cat that will take water into his mouth, spit it out on the floor, and then lap it up. Such an a-hole.  

Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 10:36 AM

That is hilarious!

conweis
by Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 10:37 AM

LOL cats are funny

suziejax
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 10:56 AM

laughingnow t hat is  funny cat

othermom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 11:10 AM

Cats can be so weird

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)