Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My indoor cat is limping: Help!

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 3:11 PM
  • 33 Replies

I'm freaking out!  My cat is my ultimate baby!  I thought I noticed him limping up the stairs on Friday but couldn't be sure.  I didn't notice it over the weekend but we were gone, he sleeps during the day and stays away from the kids.

However, he has been seeking me out a little more to lay on my lap yesterday and today.

Just now, I realized now that he is indeed limping and it looks worse.

He'll be 8 on Friday.  We're taking him to the vet this afternoon.  Just curious if this has ever happened to your cat and what caused it. 

He is indoor only.

by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 3:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
powow65
by kimmy on Apr. 14, 2014 at 3:16 PM
Whoa.
Have you contact the vet yet?

Please contact the vet. Good luck hun.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chicken13
by Silver Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:47 PM

It's happened to me.  One of our cats jumped off something and landed a bit off.  He twisted something....took a bit to heal, it's not like they stay off their feet. 

Our older dog periodically twists his front left wrist...walking...he will limp for a day or two (no long walks for you buddy), then be fine again.

hopefully it's just a strain.

ablackdolphin
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:58 PM

ablackdolphin
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 5:01 PM

That's him. 

DH took him in because I'm seriously a basket case.  This darn cat means so much to me and I feel bad that I didn't realize that he was in pain earlier.  Waiting to hear what the vet says.

Getting him into the carrier was HORRIBLE! I locked him in the bathroom and DH & I tried together.  DH got horribly scratched and then..when he opened the door with me screaming, "don't let him out" ....he let him get out.. UGHHHHH.  So, already injured cat RUNS up the stairs and hides under the bed.  Really dude, I could have done that part myself.  I get he was trying to help but really, you know he's going to try to escape.  He was howling and freaking out.

ablackdolphin
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 5:02 PM

DH finally got him into the carrier using a big towel.  I have no idea how the vets do it!

ablackdolphin
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 5:04 PM

ablackdolphin
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 5:06 PM

DH sent me this as he's getting checked out.  Seriously, I'm bawling typing this!!  I'm more of a basket case with my cat than my kids LOL  This cat had better live forever!!!

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Apr. 14, 2014 at 5:06 PM

Hope he's ok...HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS...Our lil guy in 9 now.....

momma-flynn
by Greta on Apr. 14, 2014 at 5:10 PM
Hopefully he will be ok. My dog has arthritis and the weather affects her causing her to limp.
lyrick24
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 5:18 PM

let us know how everything turns out. i hope your cat is ok.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN