Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have a hard time getting rid of toys

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 10:05 AM
  • 59 Replies

Do you have a hard time getting rid of your kids toys when they out grow them? Are you sentimental about some of them.  I am about certain ones. I have a few that I hated to get rid of when they got broke and have one I have to decide about now that I am having a hard time with. 

When my son was 2 his great grandma got him a rocking horse. We have had it for almost 9 years now. All the kids have spent years playing with it. It no longer makes noise(which isn't a bad thing, lol) the saddle has had to be taped a little under neath and one of the handles is missing, but otherwise it is very sturdy and still has use left. But my kids are getting to big for it and barely play with it and it takes up room, but still it is so hard to let it go. I think if I was able to pass it on to another child it wouldn't be so bad, but I don't know if anyone would want it since it is missing the handle and it makes me so sad to think of taking it to the dump. I need to figure out what to do with it.

by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 10:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wandep
by Pam on Apr. 15, 2014 at 10:08 AM

Depends on what it is. LOL

othermom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting wandep:

Depends on what it is. LOL

Yeah for me too. Sometoys I have no issue getting rid of, some I am happy when they go, but a few I hate to part with. I have always been that way though. The kids have a few stuffed animals that I have had since I was a kid. Including a stuffed turtle that was given to me by the doctor the day i was born.

Stevensmomma
by Platinum Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 10:46 AM

I haven't had to do it yet bc it gets passed down and then it normally breaks so it gets trashed 

MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 10:48 AM
Donate them to shelters, day cares, Sunday Schools, Family shelters, children's hospitals, etc. and you will be doing a good thing while making space!
othermom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 10:49 AM

Quoting Stevensmomma:

I haven't had to do it yet bc it gets passed down and then it normally breaks so it gets trashed 

I pass down a lot of stuff too, but they rarely trash any toys, so it is hard to trash them

othermom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 10:55 AM

Quoting MixedCooke: Donate them to shelters, day cares, Sunday Schools, Family shelters, children's hospitals, etc. and you will be doing a good thing while making space!

That is what I do with a lot of their old toys. I don't think anyone would accept the horse though do to the missing handle

MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 10:57 AM
Craigslist or Ebay

Quoting othermom:

Quoting MixedCooke: Donate them to shelters, day cares, Sunday Schools, Family shelters, children's hospitals, etc. and you will be doing a good thing while making space!

That is what I do with a lot of their old toys. I don't think anyone would accept the horse though do to the missing handle

ablackdolphin
by Platinum Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 12:07 PM
Not really what stops me is all the work for tax purposes
proudmommy690
by Christa on Apr. 15, 2014 at 12:12 PM

I do..only because they have so many that I don't want to sit downa and go through them all lol

Gabbysmom615
by Kira on Apr. 15, 2014 at 12:14 PM

yes that and clothes! the girls have so much its crazy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN