Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tragic event in my hometown

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 7:50 PM
  • 71 Replies

Yesterday a 6 year old kindergarten student was run over by his school bus just after getting off the bus. He was pronounced dead at the scene. Turns out he was my bff's cousin's grandson. They are of course devasted. Pleas keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 7:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
proudmommy690
by Christa on Apr. 15, 2014 at 8:11 PM
Oh my god!! How come the bus driver wasn't paying attention!!!! Poor boy :( I'm so sorry.

Yesterday a stupid ass car sped right through the bus stop at my daughter's bus stop. The bus driver laid on the horn and they still didn't try to stop. Luckily the kids were just getting off the bus and the ones who cross hadn't made it that far yet.
slw123
by Shawna on Apr. 15, 2014 at 8:50 PM
That is terrible!
OBImomma
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 8:52 PM
So sad
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OBImomma
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 8:53 PM
That's awful! People need to slow down

Quoting proudmommy690: Oh my god!! How come the bus driver wasn't paying attention!!!! Poor boy :( I'm so sorry.

Yesterday a stupid ass car sped right through the bus stop at my daughter's bus stop. The bus driver laid on the horn and they still didn't try to stop. Luckily the kids were just getting off the bus and the ones who cross hadn't made it that far yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ziva65
by Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 8:53 PM

:( so sorry.

proudmommy690
by Christa on Apr. 15, 2014 at 8:56 PM
Yeah you would think they wouldn't be going that fast..The speed limit on this road is 25..people go 50 down it...even cops! (And not ones going to a scene either)

when I was in school...I went to get off the bus and a car came flying by almost hit me. The bus driver blew the horn and scared me got me to stop. Cause I literally just looked and nobody was there then out of nowhere the car flew by like a gnat couldn't even see it that's how fast they were going.

Quoting OBImomma: That's awful! People need to slow down

Quoting proudmommy690: Oh my god!! How come the bus driver wasn't paying attention!!!! Poor boy :( I'm so sorry.

OBImomma
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 9:08 PM
Wow. That is crazy!

Quoting proudmommy690: Yeah you would think they wouldn't be going that fast..The speed limit on this road is 25..people go 50 down it...even cops! (And not ones going to a scene either)

when I was in school...I went to get off the bus and a car came flying by almost hit me. The bus driver blew the horn and scared me got me to stop. Cause I literally just looked and nobody was there then out of nowhere the car flew by like a gnat couldn't even see it that's how fast they were going.

Quoting OBImomma: That's awful! People need to slow down

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ablackdolphin
by Platinum Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 9:27 PM
How horrible!!!
SweetLuci
by Luci on Apr. 15, 2014 at 9:45 PM

That's tragic.

AzariahsMother
by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 9:56 PM

I'm so sorry.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN