Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Splurge or Save 4/15

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 8:16 PM
  • 45 Replies

Would you splurge and get a haircut at a fancy salon or go to a more economical salon?

not this style at all but look how each station has separate lighting and then then have can lights in the ceiling too... have to use track lighting but a light at each station

by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 8:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gracie0221
by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 8:20 PM

I splurge on hair salons. I'm very picky about my haircuts and after going to supercuts for awhile and not being satisfied. I'm done with them, but I would go somewhere less expensive if the stylist was good. I just haven't found that person yet, lol. 

OBImomma
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I go to a more economical one. I can't spend that much money on a haircut.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyOfOne2710
by Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 8:25 PM
I go to Fantastic Sam's, and recently I found a stylist I LOVE. She did exactly what I wanted, asked a lot of questions, and paid so much attention to me. Plus, I don't feel like I've ever had a better hair cut. :)
MrsApple
by Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 8:29 PM

I always go to a salon and not a chain shop like Supercuts,ect.I know I'll get my stylist every time and she knows me/my hair and I always get the haircut or style that I want.I don't remember ever really having a hair cut I LOVED when I was growing up and my mom would take me to a chain shop...or at least not having a hair cut that I loved consistently because it was always a different stylist.

fudgybuddymom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd go more economical.

Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on Apr. 15, 2014 at 8:36 PM
I pay very little for awesome haircuts by this girl who should work at a fancy salon but works at a cheaper one. :)
momofnatalie
by Lisa on Apr. 15, 2014 at 8:44 PM

I totally agree, I went to a fancy salon one time and got a horrible cut, the worse I had in my life.  I tried to find the right person and I finally found a great one and he is in mid range, he has this little hair salon and the only bad thing is that he is in my hometown which is 7 hours away, so I get a haircut every 6 months.

Quoting gracie0221:

I splurge on hair salons. I'm very picky about my haircuts and after going to supercuts for awhile and not being satisfied. I'm done with them, but I would go somewhere less expensive if the stylist was good. I just haven't found that person yet, lol. 

taKENheart
by Platinum Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 8:45 PM

I went to a salon for years and years.  I got tired of paying for it so I quit, lol.

Mznaye
by Jo on Apr. 15, 2014 at 8:53 PM
Economical but then again I have very little hair lol
momofnatalie
by Lisa on Apr. 15, 2014 at 8:56 PM

That is great.  Finding the right person who understands what you want is so important.  Did you just randomly get assigned to her or did you get referred to her from a friend?

Quoting MommyOfOne2710: I go to Fantastic Sam's, and recently I found a stylist I LOVE. She did exactly what I wanted, asked a lot of questions, and paid so much attention to me. Plus, I don't feel like I've ever had a better hair cut. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)