Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you want a housekeeper?

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 1:32 PM
  • 106 Replies

My MIL and I were talking the other day and she said she'd never want a housekeeper because she wouldn't want a stranger cleaning her home.  I would love, love, love to be able to have someone come in once a week to clean things.

What about you?

by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 1:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Have one that comes every other week and does my dreaded chores of cleaning the bathroom and folding and hanging the laundry.
powow65
by kimmy on Apr. 21, 2014 at 1:40 PM
Yes! Sweet sweet yes!!!! But not touch mine/DH's & DD's bedrooms. The rest. Omg yes!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceciliam
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 1:42 PM

I don't see the value in having a once a week house keeper because messes and upkeep happen everyday.

I would see value in a live-in housekeeper that was there at least 5 days a week and I also see value in hiring a service to do a deep clean maybe once or twice a year.

So for me, unless I had a full time housekeeper then, no, I wouldn't want one. I'm also kind of with your MIL in that it would be weird having someone cleaning and touching my stuff.

aubsmom09
by Erin on Apr. 21, 2014 at 1:45 PM

Yes, DH and I have contemplated getting one to come in once a week to clean the bathrooms, deep clean, etc.

jjames1990
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 1:47 PM
We have one. Twice weekly. I clean up the little stuff daily. But she does laundry.
momofsixangels
by Colleen on Apr. 21, 2014 at 1:49 PM

I would love one

Saucy1
by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 1:49 PM

No, it would be nice though. 

TigerofMu
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 3:03 PM

I'd love a housekeeper!

egyptian_mommy
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 3:11 PM
I'm torn. On one hand I kind of think I would feel weird having someone else clean. On the other hand, it would be fantastic to have some help.
Maverick1957
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 3:12 PM

I'd have one full time if it were in the budget.  I'll be having a cleaning service come in soon (birthday gift) AFTER I get all organized.   I'll be having such ever so often.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)