Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My first cake from scratch

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 3:34 PM
  • 43 Replies

My friend asked me to make a cake she saw on FB for Easter dinner, a peanut butter cake. I'd never made a cake from scratch, so I found a recipe to make one from a yellow cake mix. I tasted it, and it was dry, so I did the one from scratch. It was dry to, (to me) but better than the mix one, and everyone loved it. Proud of myself!

by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wandep
by Pam on Apr. 21, 2014 at 3:38 PM

That is awesome. I've heard of adding applesauce instead of oil or whatever it is and that will make it not dry. I've never tried it tho.

elasmimi
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 3:40 PM

I've tried that too, but these didn't call for oil. Probably why they were dry, lol.

Quoting wandep:

That is awesome. I've heard of adding applesauce instead of oil or whatever it is and that will make it not dry. I've never tried it tho.

wandep
by Pam on Apr. 21, 2014 at 3:42 PM

Probably. LOL 

Quoting elasmimi:

I've tried that too, but these didn't call for oil. Probably why they were dry, lol.

Quoting wandep:

Gabbysmom615
by Kira on Apr. 21, 2014 at 3:43 PM
Yum good job! Cakes come out better homemade anyway
momofsixangels
by Colleen on Apr. 21, 2014 at 3:54 PM

Thats wonderful! Good job

BeachLifeMama
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 4:04 PM
That's awesome! I just made a Redbull cake from scratch for SO's birthday. I was worried that no one will like it. It actually turned out not bad and whats even better that SO liked it and he doesn't like sweet or cake.
Mznaye
by Jo on Apr. 21, 2014 at 4:10 PM
Congrats
taKENheart
by Platinum Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 4:13 PM

That's wonderful!

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 5:13 PM

way to go!!  scratch cakes are so much better.

suroundedbyboys
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 5:25 PM
I made a homemade blue velvet cake for my sons birthday this weekend with a cooked flour icing. I have gotten to the point that I can't stand canned vanilla frosting (chocolate is still okay in my book :) we made a Valentines cake and use canned frosting and we threw out almost the entire cake :(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN