Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Looking for a new pasta recipe...

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:25 PM
  • 139 Replies

I am just at my wit's end with planning this week's menu! Here it is Monday, and I still don't have a complete list of meals. I have it down to wanting "pasta of some kind" later this week... But I'm getting tired of the same old thing.

What is your favorite pasta dish? Bonus points if it doesn't use a tomato sauce, since my 6yo prefers it without... But we eat it both ways, and I'm wide open to any suggestions or ideas. :)

apron

by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
taKENheart
by Platinum Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:28 PM

Look up Emeril's New New Orleans Pasta
It is the family's favorite.  When the step kids come in they practically beg me to make it.

taKENheart
by Platinum Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:29 PM

Maybe do a stir fry using linguine instead of rice.

taKENheart
by Platinum Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:33 PM

You could add pesto to some alfredo sauce for the pasta and maybe add chicken.
I've also just tossed some pasta in pesto with chicken and mozzarella and that was pretty good.

sissyboogs
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:35 PM
1 mom liked this

My kids shocked me when they decided they LOVED the chicken alfredo type dish I made recently. 

I just used shell pasta, the pre-made jars of alfredo sauce (I used one great value plain kind and the other was some name brand with bacon pieces), chicken (I boiled it then shredded it) and bacon (I use turkey bacon). Mix it all in a casserole dish, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, and bake until the cheese is melted. 

Or, we made a taco bake once with egg noodles. Me, my husband, and my mom liked it, the kids didn't, but they don't like tacos so it wasn't a surprise. 

Ground burger and add taco seasoning, cook in refried beans if you like. Mix that with cooked egg noodles and shredded taco cheese. Bake until hot and melty. Top with diced tomatoes and shredded lettuce. Add salsa and sour cream if you want. It sounds weird because of the noodles (I had made it with rice in the past, but all my mom had that day was egg noodles, so we improvised, lol), but it's actually pretty good. 

Aside from that, there's good old fashioned spaghetti or chicken parmesan. Or, you could make a cheesy chicken dish.....cook some chicken, add velveeta cheese and broccoli, mix with whatever noodles you like and bake until done....that would be good too. 

usually, when I'm cooking, I just throw random crap together, lol....I'm a big fan of creative casseroles. 

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh, that could be really interesting... And use the same sauce? I've never tried that.

Quoting taKENheart:

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Linking here because I bet other people will ask you about it: http://www.emerils.com/122529/new-new-orleans-pasta

This sounds AMAZING. I would also beg for it. I LOVE this type of food... Bookmarking, thank you thank you! Of course you have good recipe ideas. :) I'd love to come to dinner at your house for a week, it always sounds like you have something good happening in the kitchen.

Quoting taKENheart:

Look up Emeril's New New Orleans PastaIt is the family's favorite.  When the step kids come in they practically beg me to make it.

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I never have any luck with throwing things together... My taste must be off or something, but I am so thankful for ideas from people like you who are good at it! :)

The different bakes sound really good. We are having tacos another night, but taco pasta with egg noodles is going in the back drawer for future ideas... I like the idea of a chicken/bacon/alfredo bake, too. Thank you!

Quoting sissyboogs:

My kids shocked me when they decided they LOVED the chicken alfredo type dish I made recently. 

I just used shell pasta, the pre-made jars of alfredo sauce (I used one great value plain kind and the other was some name brand with bacon pieces), chicken (I boiled it then shredded it) and bacon (I use turkey bacon). Mix it all in a casserole dish, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, and bake until the cheese is melted. 

Or, we made a taco bake once with egg noodles. Me, my husband, and my mom liked it, the kids didn't, but they don't like tacos so it wasn't a surprise. 

Ground burger and add taco seasoning, cook in refried beans if you like. Mix that with cooked egg noodles and shredded taco cheese. Bake until hot and melty. Top with diced tomatoes and shredded lettuce. Add salsa and sour cream if you want. It sounds weird because of the noodles (I had made it with rice in the past, but all my mom had that day was egg noodles, so we improvised, lol), but it's actually pretty good. 

Aside from that, there's good old fashioned spaghetti or chicken parmesan. Or, you could make a cheesy chicken dish.....cook some chicken, add velveeta cheese and broccoli, mix with whatever noodles you like and bake until done....that would be good too. 

usually, when I'm cooking, I just throw random crap together, lol....I'm a big fan of creative casseroles. 

northernmommy
by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:40 PM

Mobile Photo

This one is a recent hit at our house. An it's easy to avoid dishing out tomatoes for kids that don't care for them.
OliviaW.
by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:41 PM

We like egg noodles. I put them with beef, turkey or chicken. Sometimes I cook them in a gravy and just eat them that way. We also eat a lot of goulash. 

taKENheart
by Platinum Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh yeah that is how my ds prefers it actually.  It's kind of like lo mein from the restaurants.  If she likes stir fries then she would probably like this switch up.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Oh, that could be really interesting... And use the same sauce? I've never tried that.

Quoting taKENheart:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN