Group Home

Think I need to start looking for a new job :( *update

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 9:14 AM
  • 31 Replies

I had been out of work for a few years I was a SAHM after some big heath issues, Dh worked.. Well Last November DH lost his job.. It just so happened that my friend who has a cleaning business needed help. Her sister was very pregnant and just couldnt do it anymore.. her usual helper had went on what was supposed to be a vacation to what I think is columbia so she was in a bind.. So she recruted me. I have been working with her ever since. The money is decent but she isnt always the most reliable person either. There have been more times that I can count where she has cancled last minute or just didnt feel like cleaning that day so I am at a loss for the day. My Dh is still not working so we need that money. Well today we were supposed to clean a big house, I didnt hear from her yesterday as to what time we were leaving, so I got up early and got ready.. I text her this morning and asked what time she wanted to leave.. No response.. I waited a little bit and called her no answer.. Waited a half hour.. No answerSo gain.. Its now after 9am and I have not heard from her at all.. So I guess were not cleaning today.. I really needed that money, my phone bill is due tomorrow. I had to transfer money I had saved just to try to cover it.. and now I have nothing saved :( I think I need to just start looking for something else to fall back on. I just needed to vent, Im pretty ticked off.

Update 4/24
So last night She called me and asked if I had seen her notebook(shes team mom for our boys baseball team) and I said no. It had the schedule of who from our team is supposed to work consession stand. Her husband was supposed to take their son to the game so I hung up. I didnt ask.. well then she shows up at the game.. shes sick, Yes throwing up sick. she ran to the bathroom several times during the game.. why not stay home? I didnt say anything to her about cleaning, she applogised to me.. Ok well shooting me a text saying you cant come would have been fine. So today were supposed to clean a small house, usually around 11-12.. It was up in the air but she would let me know. I called her at 930 this morning to see how she was feeling and to see if she felt up to it. she said she would let me know by 1030.. its now 1130 and I havent heard back.. So I guess im going to chalk that up to another missed day.. but what really pisses me off, is say i feel like crap and no were going to have to reschedule. Now I have yet again wasted another morning where I could have done other things. UGH.

by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 9:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VintageWife
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 9:18 AM
That's stinks. How can she just call off on people?
Mznaye
by Jo on Apr. 23, 2014 at 9:23 AM
This!

Quoting VintageWife: That's stinks. How can she just call off on people?
Mznaye
by Jo on Apr. 23, 2014 at 9:24 AM
Maybe you can clean a few homes on your own
ablackdolphin
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 9:26 AM
Yikes! If she does that to you I wonder how she treats the customers. Sounds like she will not stay in business long. I would look for something more reliable.
ablackdolphin
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 9:26 AM
This!!

Quoting Mznaye: Maybe you can clean a few homes on your own
othermom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 9:27 AM

Yes I agree. I wpould look for something else. That is sad that she does that

OBImomma
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 9:54 AM
That's awful for her to do to you and the people she cleans for. Can you clean a few places on your own?
wandep
by Pam on Apr. 23, 2014 at 10:06 AM

I'd do this. :)

Quoting Mznaye: Maybe you can clean a few homes on your own

proudmommy690
by Christa on Apr. 23, 2014 at 11:36 AM
That's crap! How can she just do that? I'm sorry.
proudmommy690
by Christa on Apr. 23, 2014 at 11:36 AM
That's crap! How can she just do that? I'm sorry.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. aneela
  2. Vertical15
  3. mrswillie
  4. ceciliam
  5. deccaf
  6. SweetLuci