Group Home

Teeth Breaking Through

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 3:49 PM
  • 34 Replies

My grandaughter is teething and I feel bad for her since she is so very cranky-bless her little heart. I can't imagine the pain. I remember when mine went through it. I guess it is a waiting game and my son and his wife hate to see her go through such a painful part of her babyhood. I am reassuring my son and DIL. They aren't getting much sleep because she is up crying but she is normally a good sleep through the night baby.

Better days are ahead after the teething stage is through but it is terrible to see her go through it because she doesn't understand what all the pain is about!!

by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hannahsmommy816
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 3:52 PM
1 mom liked this

aww.teething gel helps!

ablackdolphin
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 3:54 PM
Teeth suck! DS is working on his 2 yr molars one is really swollen!! We are almost done though but these are the worst for him.
JuncoBird2325
by Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 3:58 PM

Little ones are going through a time with it!! It does suck-but Thank God it is a once in a lifetime process!!

angieluvsolivia
by Angie on Apr. 27, 2014 at 4:01 PM

Poor thing!  Teething is no fun!  I used partially frozen washcloths for mine to chew on, worked wonders!

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Apr. 27, 2014 at 4:19 PM

My dd used teething tablets with my grandson

momofnatalie
by Lisa on Apr. 27, 2014 at 4:53 PM

I'm going through teething woes with my 16 month old.  She was crying last night and I gave her the teething gel and she finally calmed down after 30 minutes of crying.  She didn't want her teething ring or cold wash cloth.  I can't wait until we are done. 

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Apr. 27, 2014 at 10:47 PM
It's hard when they are in pain and don't understand why or how to make it stop. Hang in there, as you say it is only for a short time!
Rust.n.Gears
by Gold Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 10:56 PM
I came home to my mil giving my daughter a milkbone. Yeah the ones you give dogs. I got mad and took it. Madison wailed !

I gave it back and called the pediatrician. She said to switch to rawhide and wasn't kidding. It won't fall apart. Weirdest but best thing ever. I guess mil did it with my husband because his grandma did it with mil !
Mami2oneboy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 11:02 PM
Aww poor baby, I have to say I got lucky my son didn't cry much when he was teething.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bether89
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 12:01 AM

I would have flipped out to see my baby with a milk bone in his mouth!

Quoting Rust.n.Gears: I came home to my mil giving my daughter a milkbone. Yeah the ones you give dogs. I got mad and took it. Madison wailed ! I gave it back and called the pediatrician. She said to switch to rawhide and wasn't kidding. It won't fall apart. Weirdest but best thing ever. I guess mil did it with my husband because his grandma did it with mil !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. aneela
  2. Vertical15
  3. mrswillie
  4. ceciliam
  5. deccaf
  6. SweetLuci