Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have a tattoo? How old were you when you got your first?

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 8:20 AM
  • 112 Replies

Do you think it was a good age?  Would you want your child to wait until he or she was older?

Can you share a pic?

by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 8:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mcginnisc
by Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 8:52 AM

I have one with one in the works...

My tattoo is on my ankle and I got it when I was 29. It is a memorial tattoo for our dd Kahlan that was stillborn at 36 weeks 11 years ago. I got it on her "1st birthday" in 2004. 

The girls have been told if they want to get a tattoo, they must be 18 or older. 

I don't have a picture, but it is a line of hearts with her name and DOB. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

mom2jessnky
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 8:54 AM

I have 5, I got my first one at 19, I think that was fine. I don't care if my kids get tattoos as long as they can be covered by clothing.

TigerofMu
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 8:54 AM

I have no tattoos and I don't want any.  I would prefer that my children not get any, but when they are 18, they can make up their own minds.  My two adult children, ds, 28, and dd, 23, do have tattoos.  DS already regrets some of his - the pot leaf on his arm, the one on his neck that is always visible.  DH has tattoos, and some of them actually cover tattoos that he regretted getting in his younger days.  They are pretty, and I like them, and he is happy with them, but he wouldn't have gotten the first tattoos with a little more maturity and thought.

momma-flynn
by Greta on Apr. 28, 2014 at 9:14 AM
I don't have any. I wanted to get one in college but couldn't decide on anything that I wanted forever.
ablackdolphin
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 9:25 AM
I was 18. No matter the age they need to pick a design and think long and hard about it and where to have it.

I still like mine all these yrs later.
ForeverMom4
by New Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 9:35 AM
3 moms liked this

I have 3.
Got my first two when I 24, and my 3rd at 25. I'm the type of person who likes sentimental tattoos. I don't regret any of them and plan to get more. My parents didn't allow us to get any piercings (other than the ear) or tattoos till we were 18 AND moved out. I intend to do the same with my children and my DH is on my side.

This is my first. Got it for me and my DH on our 5th anniversary. (we got married on st.patty's day)

This is my second, got it 5 days after my oldest sister passed (her first and middle name). Me and my other sister got them together.

This is my 3rd. I got it a lil over a month after we found out our 3 year old had cerebral palsy.

mrswillie
by CeeCee on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:01 AM
I got my first when I was 26.
momofsixangels
by Colleen on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:03 AM

I have never had one

EireLass
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:31 AM
I was in my 40s when I got my 1st. I have 2.
My kids started when they were in college.

I dont have pics on this tablet. One is a celtic knotted shamrock. The other is a saying to my husband in gaelic.
My daughter has alot.
My son has 1.
dolphingurl1286
by Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:35 AM
I have one. I got it last year on mother's day. I was 26. My kids will have to be 18 before getting any.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)