Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yes, I let her wear this to preschool

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 10:24 AM
  • 112 Replies
3 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

It's not like she's going to be able to fit it long enough for a special day, so why not? If it gets dirty, ok, no problem.
Would you let your child wear a "dress-up" outfit to preschool?
by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 10:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rust.n.Gears
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 10:27 AM
Yep. My daughter went through a year of wearing only dresses.
mom2jessnky
by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 10:28 AM

I don't see anything wrong with it. It's not like you sent her to soccer practice in a dress.

deccaf
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 10:42 AM

At least not without shorts!  No, I wouldn't send her in a dress.  Just kidding.  But I get a lot of weird looks for bringing her in a cute dress.  "You know she's going to get dirty, right?" 

Really?  No, I didn't know that the child I pick up every day will get dirty at school!

Quoting mom2jessnky:

I don't see anything wrong with it. It's not like you sent her to soccer practice in a dress.

othermom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 10:43 AM

Yes I would

KelliansMom
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 10:43 AM
A lot of the little girls at my sons preschool dress that way. I let my son wear what he wants and sometimes yes it is his nice clothes.
mom2jessnky
by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 10:45 AM
2 moms liked this

I would have replied to that with "That's why I have a washing machine, crazy I know"

Quoting deccaf:

At least not without shorts!  No, I wouldn't send her in a dress.  Just kidding.  But I get a lot of weird looks for bringing her in a cute dress.  "You know she's going to get dirty, right?" 

Really?  No, I didn't know that the child I pick up every day will get dirty at school!

Quoting mom2jessnky:

OBImomma
by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 10:46 AM
I would if it was aloud. They have to wear uniforms
deccaf
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 10:47 AM

When she starts real school, it will be uniforms.  So I will let her dress like she wants now.

Quoting OBImomma: I would if it was aloud. They have to wear uniforms

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 10:48 AM

Yes, but I'd let the teachers know it was OK to get dirty.  Also, the preschool requires shorts or pants under skirts.

OBImomma
by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 10:50 AM
That's great! My kids don't go to preschool (even though the school they go to offers it). But, preschoolers are also required to wear a uniform.

I do let my kids wear whatever they want (as long as its weather appropriate) when they are home :-)

Quoting deccaf:

When she starts real school, it will be uniforms.  So I will let her dress like she wants now.

Quoting OBImomma: I would if it was aloud. They have to wear uniforms

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN