Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mail Order Pharmacy

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:10 PM
  • 14 Replies

I had my first and last experience with the mail order pharamacy.  They offered horrible customer service and the rep I spoke with told me that my dad ordered too many drugs.  I explained to her that he left a nursing home and we were using all the drugs he left with and now we need to re-order.  Well we calculated that it would probably take 2 weeks to get the refills.  Only one drug came and all the other ones they told me could not be filled until mid-June.  I called my father's insurance and they said "no, he can have refills" so they conferenced called with the drug company and me on the line and gave them the approval.  I called the next day, to check the status, they said it couldn't be released until mid-June.  

I told them you know what if its this hard for them, I will just use a local pharmacy.  I need to cancel all the orders.  She told me that I had to call the insurance and reverse their approvals.  I call the insurance and they told me that they are suppose to withdraw the requests, but she called the drug company and had them do it.  I tell you, I've never experienced something so frustrating.  At least, I was able to get my dad's drugs for him today.  

Have you ever used a mail order drug company?  How were they?  Hopefully better than the one I used. 

by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofsixangels
by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:13 PM

I only did it for medicaid for over the counter.Now you go to the pharmacy

brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes. It worked fine for me.

chicken13
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:17 PM

Dh gets his through express scripts.  They've been fine and the price is better.  I get mine at the local cvs because it's manufacturer dependent and express scripts doesn't keep track of what manufacturer you're supposed to get. 

angieluvsolivia
by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:18 PM

I don't use it and only had issues when I worked in doctor's offices trying to coordinate the scripts.

momofnatalie
by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:44 PM

That is so much easier, did you have any problems with the mail order when you did it?

Quoting momofsixangels:

I only did it for medicaid for over the counter.Now you go to the pharmacy

momofnatalie
by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:46 PM

I wish he had Express Scripts.  My dad had Exactus Pharmacy which is connected to his Wellcare insurance.  They were such a nightmare.  I'm glad you haven't had any issues with his.

Quoting chicken13:

Dh gets his through express scripts.  They've been fine and the price is better.  I get mine at the local cvs because it's manufacturer dependent and express scripts doesn't keep track of what manufacturer you're supposed to get. 

momofnatalie
by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:47 PM

I'm sure you have had your hair pulling moments with a variety of these companies. 

Quoting angieluvsolivia:

I don't use it and only had issues when I worked in doctor's offices trying to coordinate the scripts.

angieluvsolivia
by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:51 PM

I have and appreciate that others no that even if you arent the patient, the advocates of the patients feel it too!

Quoting momofnatalie:

I'm sure you have had your hair pulling moments with a variety of these companies. 

Quoting angieluvsolivia:

Mznaye
by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:54 PM
My job used Prescription Mart and it worked fine....switched to Caremark and it is nothing but grief for some employees
childofgod04
by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 10:32 PM

I haven't but what a nightmare! I'm glad you were able to get his meds!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN