Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mail Order Pharmacy

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:10 PM
  • 14 Replies

I had my first and last experience with the mail order pharamacy.  They offered horrible customer service and the rep I spoke with told me that my dad ordered too many drugs.  I explained to her that he left a nursing home and we were using all the drugs he left with and now we need to re-order.  Well we calculated that it would probably take 2 weeks to get the refills.  Only one drug came and all the other ones they told me could not be filled until mid-June.  I called my father's insurance and they said "no, he can have refills" so they conferenced called with the drug company and me on the line and gave them the approval.  I called the next day, to check the status, they said it couldn't be released until mid-June.  

I told them you know what if its this hard for them, I will just use a local pharmacy.  I need to cancel all the orders.  She told me that I had to call the insurance and reverse their approvals.  I call the insurance and they told me that they are suppose to withdraw the requests, but she called the drug company and had them do it.  I tell you, I've never experienced something so frustrating.  At least, I was able to get my dad's drugs for him today.  

Have you ever used a mail order drug company?  How were they?  Hopefully better than the one I used. 

by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofsixangels
Trial starts the 25th next month. Hope he gets life or death row
Wednesday at 10:42 PM
by Colleen on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:13 PM

I only did it for medicaid for over the counter.Now you go to the pharmacy

brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes. It worked fine for me.

chicken13
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:17 PM

Dh gets his through express scripts.  They've been fine and the price is better.  I get mine at the local cvs because it's manufacturer dependent and express scripts doesn't keep track of what manufacturer you're supposed to get. 

angieluvsolivia
by Angie on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:18 PM

I don't use it and only had issues when I worked in doctor's offices trying to coordinate the scripts.

momofnatalie
by Lisa on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:44 PM

That is so much easier, did you have any problems with the mail order when you did it?

Quoting momofsixangels:

I only did it for medicaid for over the counter.Now you go to the pharmacy

momofnatalie
by Lisa on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:46 PM

I wish he had Express Scripts.  My dad had Exactus Pharmacy which is connected to his Wellcare insurance.  They were such a nightmare.  I'm glad you haven't had any issues with his.

Quoting chicken13:

Dh gets his through express scripts.  They've been fine and the price is better.  I get mine at the local cvs because it's manufacturer dependent and express scripts doesn't keep track of what manufacturer you're supposed to get. 

momofnatalie
by Lisa on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:47 PM

I'm sure you have had your hair pulling moments with a variety of these companies. 

Quoting angieluvsolivia:

I don't use it and only had issues when I worked in doctor's offices trying to coordinate the scripts.

angieluvsolivia
by Angie on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:51 PM

I have and appreciate that others no that even if you arent the patient, the advocates of the patients feel it too!

Quoting momofnatalie:

I'm sure you have had your hair pulling moments with a variety of these companies. 

Quoting angieluvsolivia:

Mznaye
by Jo on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:54 PM
My job used Prescription Mart and it worked fine....switched to Caremark and it is nothing but grief for some employees
childofgod04
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 10:32 PM

I haven't but what a nightmare! I'm glad you were able to get his meds!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)