Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i don't get it!!

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 8:33 AM
  • 41 Replies

i'm a coffee drinker, have been for ages.  i love the stuff, some may say i'm addicted even.  i love the smell & the taste which is why i drink it, not for the caffeine/wake me up properties.  i can drink a cup at night & go to bed without issue.  i can drink it all day, which i don't, & it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

well we are out of coffee so i decided to give tea another try this morning.  other than chai tea (i think the combo of spices off sets whatever it is in the tea itself) i can't drink the stuff, hot or cold, because for some reason it upsets my stomach.  which is odd because i remember my mom giving it to me when i was little when i had an upset stomach.  anyways even though i don't drink it i always keep it on hand for when people visit that don't like coffee, like one of my sisters.  i have a variety of teas, all bagged no loose, herbal, black, green, decaf, mint, etc.  well today i made a decaf black tea (first thing i grabbed out of the cabinet) & after a few sips (literally just a few) i had to run to the garbage can & was throwing up.  (sorry for the tmi)  now like i said teas upset my stomach, always feel like i'm going to throw up, but i've never actually done it before.  i know it was the tea because i was feeling fine before i drank that little bit & after i got it out & had a bit of bread i feel fine now.

i just don't get what it is in teas that upset my stomach so.  coffee is more harsh, more acidic, generally more caffeine, yet it doesn't bother me in the slightest.  a few drops of tea & i'm in pain.

by on May. 4, 2014 at 8:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ablackdolphin
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2014 at 9:01 AM
So weird! Is it possible to be allergic to tea?
seraphimsong
by on May. 4, 2014 at 9:05 AM
That's really strange!
momofsixangels
by on May. 4, 2014 at 10:12 AM

Very weird

AzariahsMother
by on May. 4, 2014 at 10:16 AM

I'm not a tea drinker either.  It doesn't upset my stomach, but I am just not a fan of the taste for some reason.

othermom
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2014 at 10:31 AM

That is weird

lil_mama06
by on May. 4, 2014 at 10:34 AM

HUGS...Hope you feel better soon... 

mikesmom65270
by on May. 4, 2014 at 10:36 AM

It is possible to be allergic to almost anything.

cemcnair
by on May. 4, 2014 at 10:37 AM
Crazy!!
lasombrs
by on May. 4, 2014 at 10:41 AM

Some teas give me a tummy ache. usually if you dont steep them as long they are not as potent. But I only drink tea if I have a reason to. Special pregnancy teas, teas to increase breastmilk etc. Otherwise i dont like it either but will drink some tea at nice chinese sit down places. I do like those ones.

nngmommy83
by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:34 AM

interesting, never heard of that before

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)