Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Annoyed!

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 3:17 PM
  • 26 Replies
Dh's parents decided they were coming today and wanted to buy us lunch. OK fine, they had our older cat and need to bring him back, they want to meet the kittens, and lunch is nice.

MIL asks me on Facebook when we get out of church. I said we usually get home around 12:30. FIL texts DH that they'll be here at noon. DH says we won't be home until 12:30. Meanwhile MIL messages me, "Could you leave the front door unlocked in case we get there early? We can go see babies and let Tiger out. I may let him outside first . What do you guys want??"

I said, "Can you guys just arrange to get here at 1? That would be so much easier for us, and the boys eat bagels at church so they won't be hungry til then anyway."

No response, we go to church. On the way DH mentions that him and FIL talked about just them two going to pick up lunch and bring it back. I told him I did not want to do that, I would rather we all go.

At church DH gets a text, "on our way" at 10:45. It takes an hour and a half to get here. I'm freaking annoyed, I don't want to get out of church and run right home! I haven't seen my friend all week and I want to talk! Why ask what we want if they're just going to ignore it and come when they want?!

I asked DH if he left the door unlocked, he said no but he left a key. And then he was worried they'd go in and let the kittens out and not introduce them to the older cat properly and he would end up upset and pee all over. Um yeah, dumbass, why did you leave a key out for them?!

So fortunately we got there before they did, introduced the cats the way DH wanted, and then they started talking about where to get lunch. I clearly started getting shoes on the kids, go to the front door, and the in-laws' jeep is gone. DH and FIL LEFT BY THEMSELVES. Ugh! I'm tired of getting steamrolled whenever they are around. Why even ask my opinion on anything?
by on May. 4, 2014 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hannahsmommy816
by on May. 4, 2014 at 3:39 PM

sorry that's annoying!!

deccaf
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2014 at 3:42 PM
Oh no! That would piss me off!
heydooney
by on May. 4, 2014 at 3:52 PM
Also, she requested to be called MomMom when we had kids. I was OK with that, until she started answering whenever the kids say "mom". Or if they say "MomMom" she says, "what what?"
Usually that doesn't bother me but everything today is just GRRRR! Plus this is DH's last day off for two weeks and I'd like to spend it with him!
suziejax
by on May. 4, 2014 at 4:11 PM

Sorry that is really annoying. I hope your Sunday goes better :-(

SarahSuzyQ
by on May. 4, 2014 at 8:22 PM
Hopefully you guys had a more laid back evening after they headed home... I also hate being steamrolled in that way.
heydooney
by on May. 4, 2014 at 8:44 PM
We sure did! I told him why I was angry, we talked it out, all is well!
Leftover pizza and beer dinner in the backyard made tonight lovely in this weather!

Quoting SarahSuzyQ: Hopefully you guys had a more laid back evening after they headed home... I also hate being steamrolled in that way.
momofsixangels
by on May. 4, 2014 at 9:05 PM

I would be pissed too

LifeCafe42
by on May. 4, 2014 at 10:17 PM
Ugh annoying
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaJane
by on May. 4, 2014 at 10:58 PM
Oh that sucks. I would have been really frustrated.

On another note, I have a kid in my class who calls her grandma 'mama' and mom is mommy. It's so confusing! There are so many words for grandma out there that don't sound like mom. Please pick one of those!
Whereismymind
by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:01 PM
:( sounds really frustrating. I'm glad the day ended better.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)