Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Creepy or cool?

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 4:32 PM
  • 56 Replies

Would you let someone buy your teenage dd a drink?  ( non alcoholic of course). Or a snack?

by on May. 4, 2014 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mikesmom65270
by on May. 4, 2014 at 4:35 PM

It would depend on who the person is, the location, etc.  Overall, I probably wouldn't approve.

chicken13
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2014 at 4:38 PM

Agreed.  Definately situational.

in this specific case...it was an older business man who was impressed dd had been working on Trig for hours.  He actually approached my dh and asked if it would be ok to ask her.  

Quoting mikesmom65270:

It would depend on who the person is, the location, etc.  Overall, I probably wouldn't approve.

VinVanMom
by on May. 4, 2014 at 4:41 PM

Depends on the circumstance. I've had people offer my kids treats. -

mikesmom65270
by on May. 4, 2014 at 4:42 PM
1 mom liked this

In that case, especially since he asked a parent first, I think that would be acceptable.

Quoting chicken13:

in this specific case...it was an older business man who was impressed dd had been working on Trig for hours.  He actually approached my dh and asked if it would be ok to ask her.  

Quoting mikesmom65270:

chicken13
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2014 at 4:51 PM

Well to do otherwise would have been insanity.  Lol.  Dh is a big man. 

Quoting mikesmom65270:

In that case, especially since he asked a parent first, I think that would be acceptable.

Quoting chicken13:

Quoting mikesmom65270:

chicken13
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2014 at 4:53 PM

It feels different when theyre obviously kids.  Dd is very tall and very blond.  And very clearly not a child. 

Quoting VinVanMom:

deedee3849
by on May. 4, 2014 at 5:10 PM

If it was a kind gesture for a specific reason yes but if my weirdo radar started honing in on anything...NO!

EireLass
by on May. 4, 2014 at 5:11 PM
Depends on the situation.
VinVanMom
by on May. 4, 2014 at 5:40 PM
An adult wanting to treat a child/teenager they see working hard seems healthy to me. If he said it was because she as pretty or singled her out for other reasons it would bother me,
Quoting chicken13:

It feels different when theyre obviously kids.  Dd is very tall and very blond.  And very clearly not a child. 

Quoting VinVanMom:

letstalk747
by on May. 4, 2014 at 6:02 PM

not if i didnt know them

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)