Group Home

School Attendance

Posted by on May. 5, 2014 at 7:46 AM
  • 70 Replies

The school my kids go to emails me attendance reports.

From the beginning of school, until the March 11....one of mine has 6 absences and 1 tardy, and my oldest has 8 absences and 1 tardy. (The only reason my oldest has 4 of those 8 is because of acid reflux...because he can't go back to school within 24hours of being "sick" so he'd get sent home and have to stay the next day). All excused...YAY.

They shouldn't have anything else come up before the end of the year. No more doctor or dentist appointments until June.

Do you have children in school? Do they email attendance records?

by on May. 5, 2014 at 7:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IncognitoOne
by Angela on May. 5, 2014 at 7:46 AM

Oops, lol....fixing

elasmimi
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2014 at 7:56 AM

They are on the report cards.

Flaca43
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2014 at 7:58 AM
The school will call me if they're absent. I will also get a text for attendance or grades.
IncognitoOne
by Angela on May. 5, 2014 at 8:00 AM

It's on them here too, but just for the quarter. I get the email with the whole school year to that point.

I can even log on and view individual grades (like every assignment they do and their grade on it) online.

Quoting elasmimi:

IncognitoOne
by Angela on May. 5, 2014 at 8:01 AM

I get the phone calls as well. That will come in handy when they're old enough to skip school, lol. They're in Kindergarten and 1st, so if they're absent, I know it :)

Quoting Flaca43: The school will call me if they're absent. I will also get a text for attendance or grades.

elasmimi
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2014 at 8:02 AM

We can do that online too.

Quoting IncognitoOne:

It's on them here too, but just for the quarter. I get the email with the whole school year to that point.

I can even log on and view individual grades (like every assignment they do and their grade on it) online.

Quoting elasmimi:

dommad2
by Member on May. 5, 2014 at 8:03 AM
Ours are on report cards. By quarter and accumulated. Mine are each at 2 absences for the year and DS has 8 tardies. Why they give him a tardy from band makes no sense to me but it is what it is.
IncognitoOne
by Angela on May. 5, 2014 at 8:03 AM

This is the first year they've done it here. I like it :)

Quoting elasmimi:

We can do that online too.

Quoting IncognitoOne:

Quoting elasmimi:

IncognitoOne
by Angela on May. 5, 2014 at 8:07 AM

That's odd.

Their doctor and dentist are super busy all the time, so they miss a lot because I have to take first available appointments. I can't really say, "Can we schedule it for this day, because school is out." Chances are, those days are already full.

Actually, due to a mix up, their dentist office cancelled their appointment a few weeks ago (I changed my phone number, called and told them and they forgot to put it in the computer...so because they couldn't get ahold of me to confirm, they took me off the schedule and sent me packing when I showed up), and they had NOTHING open until October.

Quoting dommad2: Ours are on report cards. By quarter and accumulated. Mine are each at 2 absences for the year and DS has 8 tardies. Why they give him a tardy from band makes no sense to me but it is what it is.

momofsixangels
by Colleen on May. 5, 2014 at 8:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes and I can go online to keep track

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. TheJerseyGirl
  3. sunshinepraying
  4. deccaf
  5. SweetLuci
  6. mrswillie