Group Home

Spin Off: is there some gift that you hate to receive?

Posted by on May. 7, 2014 at 7:20 PM
  • 317 Replies
2 moms liked this
Spin off the Mother's Day, what would you like most post...is there something that you hate to receive?

This sounds ungrateful...but I hate receiving cut flowers! My husband knows it, I've told him, and he still buys them! It seems like such a waste of money to me because they last only a few days!
by on May. 7, 2014 at 7:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
letstalk747
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2014 at 7:23 PM
1 mom liked this

books

Chibee
by on May. 7, 2014 at 7:24 PM
3 moms liked this

I was just going to say the same thing....flowers!    They are so expensive and I can't seem to keep them alive for more than a couple days.

Angela4boys
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2014 at 7:25 PM
5 moms liked this
Books are very personal in my opinion...if you are a reader...you probably want to choose your own.

Quoting letstalk747:

books

Angela4boys
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2014 at 7:26 PM
5 moms liked this
Every time I see them, I think about how the money could be better spent, lol! If rather a nice potted plant I can replant outside.

Quoting Chibee:

I was just going to say the same thing....flowers!    They are so expensive and I can't seem to keep them alive for more than a couple days.

Tracys2
by on May. 7, 2014 at 7:26 PM
10 moms liked this

Lotions and other scented junk. Even if I'm not allergic, I've never willingly used a lotion. I really hate spa-y stuff, and a lot of the ILs think all women love it, but it's like they've never met me, because if you did, you'd buy me food or drink.

I will graciously say "thanks", of course, but I do want to re-gift. I have a whole storage drawer of the stuff in the bathroom.

Angela4boys
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2014 at 7:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I think that's a perfect regift :)

Quoting Tracys2:

Lotions and other scented junk. Even if I'm not allergic, I've never willingly used a lotion. I really hate spa-y stuff, and a lot of the ILs think all women love it, but it's like they've never met me, because if you did, you'd buy me food or drink.

I will graciously say "thanks", of course, but I do want to re-gift. I have a whole storage drawer of the stuff in the bathroom.

Mznaye
by Jo on May. 7, 2014 at 8:39 PM
2 moms liked this
Flowers, I am allergic to them
heydooney
by Danielle :) on May. 7, 2014 at 8:41 PM
2 moms liked this
Socks. MIL buys me "novelty" socks with pictures on them. I can't wear them, they make my feet sweat.
AzariahsMother
by Lynsey on May. 7, 2014 at 8:42 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't think there is anything I would hate. I guess I would hate to get nothing which has been the case the last few years. DD even forgets and that's the worse.
SweetLuci
by Luci on May. 7, 2014 at 8:45 PM
1 mom liked this

One dil gets me fragrance stuff all the time, lotions, bath gel, candles...even though I've said I'm allergic. I also say thank you and then regift it.

Quoting Tracys2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. letstalk747
  2. lizzig
  3. Jukebox_Jenny
  4. powow65
  5. alf2651
  6. Angela4boys