Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Guest etiquette

Posted by on May. 13, 2014 at 10:24 PM
  • 114 Replies
My sister and her family were here last weekend. When she is here, she always brings tons of stuff and its always bugged me. She has learned this so she tries really hard to put things away when she comes in. However her husband doesn't. I wanted to get a picture of it but I didn't. He put at least 20 bottles of vitamin supplements on the counter in my kitchen and left them there for 3 days. I didn't have the nerve to say anything? Would you? It makes me mad now just thinking about it.

When you are visiting, what do you do to make yourself a good guest?
by on May. 13, 2014 at 10:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsApple
by Member on May. 13, 2014 at 10:26 PM

When we stay with people,we keep our stuff to the room/s we've been offered,not all over the house.No way would I have left my vitamins in the kitchen like that.

KW1280
by Todah on May. 13, 2014 at 10:28 PM
This

Quoting MrsApple:

When we stay with people,we keep our stuff to the room/s we've been offered,not all over the house.No way would I have left my vitamins in the kitchen like that.

proudmommy690
by Christa on May. 13, 2014 at 10:29 PM
Agree.

Quoting MrsApple:

MamaJane
by Jane:) on May. 13, 2014 at 10:29 PM
That's what I would do as well. I just am perplexed as to why he would think that was ok. He put them where my coffee service is, do he moved my coffee service up to make room to put all that.

Quoting MrsApple:

Stevensmomma
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2014 at 10:30 PM

Me personally wouldn't bring so much but if I did I wouldn't clutter the persons home with it I would leave it all in the room that they are allowing me to stay in 

aubsmom09
by Erin on May. 13, 2014 at 10:31 PM

I agree with this

Quoting MrsApple:

MamaJane
by Jane:) on May. 13, 2014 at 10:32 PM
And we give them a good amount of space too

Quoting Stevensmomma:

Me personally wouldn't bring so much but if I did I wouldn't clutter the persons home with it I would leave it all in the room that they are allowing me to stay in 

Mygirl30248
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2014 at 10:32 PM
This is how I do things. The room we are in is usually cluttered with bags opened etc but it does not spill out in to the house.

Quoting MrsApple:

Stevensmomma
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2014 at 10:34 PM

Then they are just rude! I would say something next time like can you just keep your things in one area please that would annoy me too

Quoting MamaJane: And we give them a good amount of space too
Quoting Stevensmomma:

Join us in the smarter living group

Juniper53098
by June on May. 13, 2014 at 10:34 PM

I try to keep our mess to a minimum.  I make sure the kids pick up after themselves.  But, DH doesn't care.  When I'm not there, he leaves a mess.  (He spends 1 1/2 weeks with his parents during hunting season.  I'm only there a couple days of it.)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)