Group Home

Do you have a garden?

Posted by on May. 14, 2014 at 10:47 AM
  • 20 Replies

I've been working on getting our garden planted the past week. I haven't had a full day of being able to plant so it's been a little bit here and there. 

So far I have 40 tomato plants, 24 cabbage plants, 4 celery plants, 4 jalepeno pepper plants, 4 sweet bell pepper plants, chocolate mint, orange mint, 2 varieties of sage, chamomile, chives, Kentucky mint, oregano and dill plants, 24 strawberry plants, 3 different varieties of lettuce. As for seeds I have 3 varieties of beets, 3 varieties of eggplant, turnips, radishes and carrots. I still have squash and pumpkin to plant yet. I also have two rhubarb plants and two asparagus plants. 

I will use the tomatoes to make sauce and the cabbage for sauerkraut, canning both. The rest is for eating and sharing. 

Do you have a garden? What do you have planted?

by on May. 14, 2014 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jky_67
by Member on May. 14, 2014 at 10:52 AM
I don't like gardening so it's normal trees and flowers...gardener comes once a month.
lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on May. 14, 2014 at 10:55 AM

Holy mackeral....We have rhubarb just growing by our fence..I've never had rhubarb before...Brian still needs to till the ground...We're planting tomatos,carrots,zuchinni,cucumber,artichoke,spinach,pumpkins and whatever else tickles our fancy...I want to try some corn and watermelon for a giggle...Brian likes to till and help plant and I love to water,pull weeds and harvest.... 

OBImomma
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2014 at 11:00 AM
Yes. But just a small one. We have zucchini, snap leas, asparagus, tomatoes, strawberries and watermelon. We also have a few herbs
funhappymom
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2014 at 11:00 AM

Oh yeah I have a planted a few cucumber seeds last night too. I so wish I had more room to garden but the kids and do insist we have a yard for them to play in, lol. 

Quoting lil_mama06:

Holy mackeral....We have rhubarb just growing by our fence..I've never had rhubarb before...Brian still needs to till the ground...We're planting tomatos,carrots,zuchinni,cucumber,artichoke,spinach,pumpkins and whatever else tickles our fancy...I want to try some corn and watermelon for a giggle...Brian likes to till and help plant and I love to water,pull weeds and harvest.... 

kayelynnesmommy
by Member on May. 14, 2014 at 11:05 AM
I have 12 patio tomatoes in a container and 2 bell pepper and 2 sweet bell pepper plants also in containers. My dad plants a huge 1/2 acre garden and my mom's coworker plants a acre garden and they give us tons of stuff so I just do a few tomatoes because ss and dd could eat tons of them and the bell peppers were a mothers day gift.
Juniper53098
by June on May. 14, 2014 at 11:12 AM

I currently have 2 rows of snow peas, and 3 rows of carrots in the garden.  We'll be putting tomatoes and bell peppers in there, too.  (It is small.)  In planters, I have peppermint and parsley.  I'm planning to pick up some basil and maybe some lavendar and/or oregano to add to these pots.  I'm also going to ask my mom to bring me some lemon balm to put in with the peppermint.  We also have onions, asparagus, rhubarb, raspberries, and chives planted in various areas.

GypsiSky
by Platinum Member on May. 14, 2014 at 11:29 AM

I have a window box herb garden.

Ziva65
by Member on May. 14, 2014 at 11:31 AM

wow!!! what a garden you have!

I just planted one, it was a lovely mother's day gift in large horse watering trophs.

Small, tomatoes, watermelons, cantelope, and cucumbers. I also have alot of herbs that i sue often just decoratively around our yard.

I'm hoping I don't kill the garden. I usually do.

VinVanMom
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2014 at 11:33 AM

I want to get some bell peppers. I have two tomato plants and two jalapeƱo plants. I need to learn to can...

JRSMOM0621
by Member on May. 14, 2014 at 11:37 AM

Yep I find it very relaxing. I fave a bunch of different flowers and some herbs. I am hoping to add more before the fall

Proud mommy of 1 special angel and 2 boys :-)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. BeachLifeMama
  3. SweetLuci
  4. mom2jessnky
  5. mrswillie
  6. proudmommy690