Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are your kids out of school yet?

Posted by on May. 15, 2014 at 6:15 AM
  • 66 Replies

I'm in NJ and we usually don't get out until mid June. This year we have a ton of snow days to make up so now it's the end of June. WOOO!  =(

But my oldest graduates college tonight!!<<<<<happy

Are your kids out for the Summer?

by on May. 15, 2014 at 6:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KelliansMom
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2014 at 6:16 AM
Last day of preschool is today. Big kids get out next Friday.
Mommabearbergh
by Member on May. 15, 2014 at 6:17 AM
Nope mine we got five snow days added
mcginnisc
by Member on May. 15, 2014 at 6:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Karli has Kindergarten graduation tonight..she gets out at noon today and tomorrow is also a half day as she has field day. 

Lilly has to go until the 28th...it really irks me too. The state of GA stated quite clearly that the counties did NOT have to make up the 2 days of school from the ice/snow we had. Our private school decided that they were extending the school year by those 2 days. They are the ONLY school in our county going to school after next Friday. The teachers had no clue until I said something last Friday when I was hanging out on the playground talking to them ( Karli had a Mother's Day luncheon and I was going to get my oldest and check her out early, but Karli got sucked into the playground with the bigs so we hung out and then I read to the class). The teachers were floored as they did not know the rest of the county was out next Friday. The last 2 days are half days- Honors day on the 27th and field day on the 28th...sigh.. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

proudmommy690
by Christa on May. 15, 2014 at 6:47 AM
Congrats to your graduate!

My daughter gets out next Friday.
OBImomma
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2014 at 6:51 AM
My ds goes until the 28th. Everyone else around here go until June 5th.
OBImomma
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2014 at 6:54 AM
That's annoying! Our schools have to go til /June 5th. But ds goes to a very small private school. They get very few snow days. So while the other schools missed weeks worth of school ds had snow days left over. The other schools are only required to go til the 5th even though they missed way more days than that.

Quoting mcginnisc:

Karli has Kindergarten graduation tonight..she gets out at noon today and tomorrow is also a half day as she has field day. 

Lilly has to go until the 28th...it really irks me too. The state of GA stated quite clearly that the counties did NOT have to make up the 2 days of school from the ice/snow we had. Our private school decided that they were extending the school year by those 2 days. They are the ONLY school in our county going to school after next Friday. The teachers had no clue until I said something last Friday when I was hanging out on the playground talking to them ( Karli had a Mother's Day luncheon and I was going to get my oldest and check her out early, but Karli got sucked into the playground with the bigs so we hung out and then I read to the class). The teachers were floored as they did not know the rest of the county was out next Friday. The last 2 days are half days- Honors day on the 27th and field day on the 28th...sigh.. 

Caidysmom
by Member on May. 15, 2014 at 6:54 AM
Dds school gets out May 29th!
The public schools get out June 6th!
MrsApple
by Member on May. 15, 2014 at 6:55 AM

Not yet but next friday is her last day!

MamaJane
by Jane:) on May. 15, 2014 at 7:01 AM

Congrats to your oldest! That's a celebratory accomplishment.

We get out like the 28th or something like that.  We made up our snow days on spring break. However we go back to school the  end of July or first of August.

beadingmom17
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2014 at 7:03 AM
We don't get out until June 12th
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)