Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

10 things i hate about summer

Posted by on May. 24, 2014 at 10:31 AM
  • 28 Replies

1.  finding a bathing suit i don't feel like a whale in

2.   shaving more frequently

3.  the southern heat/humidity i live in

4.  bugs

5.  11 weeks of keeping the kids from driving each other & me nuts

6.  higher electric bills (can't do without a/c here)

hmm, guess i don't hate summer as much as i thought if i can't come up with 10 things! ;o)

what are your top hates of summer?

by on May. 24, 2014 at 10:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamadee1971
by Dionne on May. 24, 2014 at 10:33 AM

I just don't care for the high electric bills and the mosquitoes.  I can tolerate the heat and humidity as long as I'm dressed for it.

MommyOfOne2710
by Member on May. 24, 2014 at 10:34 AM

I hate watching people walking around in itty bitty shorts that their butt falls out of... Gross. 

WASPS! I was at the park with my son yesterday and saw one. I got stung in the mouth and on my leg within two months of each other (when I was younger). I have bad reactions to bug bites so the one on my leg got HUGE. I'm now terrified of wasps. I just freeze up when I see one, LOL.

Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on May. 24, 2014 at 10:34 AM
It gets way too hot. Other than that I love it.
lizzig
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2014 at 10:37 AM

not a fan of seeing the skimpy clothing people wear either, especially if they don't have the body for it.

my son & i are both allergic to anything that bites/stings; mosquitos, ants, bees, wasps, etc.  so i feel your pain!

Quoting MommyOfOne2710:

I hate watching people walking around in itty bitty shorts that their butt falls out of... Gross. 

WASPS! I was at the park with my son yesterday and saw one. I got stung in the mouth and on my leg within two months of each other (when I was younger). I have bad reactions to bug bites so the one on my leg got HUGE. I'm now terrified of wasps. I just freeze up when I see one, LOL.

MommyOfOne2710
by Member on May. 24, 2014 at 10:40 AM

When I was little I got bit by mosquitoes like crazy one summer. We had been camping and they were particularly bad this night. All of the bites I got on my legs swelled up and turned purple. There was one that was probably 3-4 inches in diameter on the back of my right calf. It actually scarred for a few years. My mom had brought me to the doctor and I got some prescription creams.. But wow, it was awful. The itch was agonizing to the point where it was almost painful. 

Quoting lizzig:

not a fan of seeing the skimpy clothing people wear either, especially if they don't have the body for it.

my son & i are both allergic to anything that bites/stings; mosquitos, ants, bees, wasps, etc.  so i feel your pain!

Quoting MommyOfOne2710:

lizzig
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2014 at 10:42 AM

yep!  same way!  i have a few clusters of spider veins on my legs from mosquito bites that swelled up badly.  not cool when you have spider veins when your still a kid.

Quoting MommyOfOne2710:

When I was little I got bit by mosquitoes like crazy one summer. We had been camping and they were particularly bad this night. All of the bites I got on my legs swelled up and turned purple. There was one that was probably 3-4 inches in diameter on the back of my right calf. It actually scarred for a few years. My mom had brought me to the doctor and I got some prescription creams.. But wow, it was awful. The itch was agonizing to the point where it was almost painful. 

Quoting lizzig:

Quoting MommyOfOne2710:

proudmommy690
by Christa on May. 24, 2014 at 10:45 AM
The heat most definitely!!! And the bugs. The stupid power bill..I hope it doesn't get as bad as it did last year :/ (our ac was messed up last year)
4girlsmum
by on May. 24, 2014 at 10:50 AM

I love lazy summer days!  I dont like the mosquitos...our bill is cheaper because we like it hot....love swimming everyday, sleeping in everyday, the kids are home to help take care of the house, and lots of time for FUN......

MamaJane
by Jane:) on May. 24, 2014 at 10:51 AM
That's scary. My husband got stung about 10 years ago when unfolding a tarp. They'd made a nest in it. That's when he discovered he's allergic. So now he is deathly afraid of them and he isn't afraid of much.

And for the shorts, I agree.

Quoting MommyOfOne2710:

lizzig
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2014 at 10:53 AM

uhg!  the ac in my van is messed up .  i definitely can't be driving the kids around in 90+ degree heat & high humidity with no ac in an older van where only the front windows open.  they'd be melted puddles of goo by the time we got down the road a bit.  not something i was planning on spending money on now.  hope your ac holds up this summer.

Quoting proudmommy690: The heat most definitely!!! And the bugs. The stupid power bill..I hope it doesn't get as bad as it did last year :/ (our ac was messed up last year)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)