Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

you named your business what?

Posted by on Jun. 1, 2014 at 9:22 AM
  • 119 Replies

i saw an episode of ellen where she had funny commercials on & one was for a drug store with a very poor name so it got me to thinking about other poorly named businesses. 

the drug store that was in the commerical that ellen showed was called butt drugs, http://www.buttdrugs.com/.  it's a family name & the pharmacy has been in business since the '50's.  still i think i would have choosen a different name.

there used to be a rug store near me that was in business for awhile called "hookers".

here's a pic i found on line of another poorly named business.  share some of yours.

by on Jun. 1, 2014 at 9:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jun. 1, 2014 at 9:22 AM
1 mom liked this

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jun. 1, 2014 at 9:23 AM
2 moms liked this

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jun. 1, 2014 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jun. 1, 2014 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jun. 1, 2014 at 9:28 AM

Rust.n.Gears
by Gold Member on Jun. 1, 2014 at 9:29 AM
Actually "poorly named" businesses often do very well. The name helps them. We have an Up Chucks BBQ pit House here. Love the place.
momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jun. 1, 2014 at 9:30 AM

These are crazy lol

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jun. 1, 2014 at 9:30 AM

Quoting Rust.n.Gears: Actually "poorly named" businesses often do very well. The name helps them. We have an Up Chucks BBQ pit House here. Love the place.

ewww lol

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jun. 1, 2014 at 9:31 AM

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jun. 1, 2014 at 9:31 AM

sidesplittinglaughter

Quoting lizzig:

i saw an episode of ellen where she had funny commercials on & one was for a drug store with a very poor name so it got me to thinking about other poorly named businesses. 

the drug store that was in the commerical that ellen showed was called butt drugs, http://www.buttdrugs.com/.  it's a family name & an the pharmacy has been in business since the '50's.  still i think i would have choosen a different name.

there used to be a rug store near me that was in business for awhile called "hookers".

here's a pic i found on line of another poorly named business.  share some of yours.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN