Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

donating plasma

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 6:51 AM
  • 84 Replies

well not really donating since they do compensate you but..... has anyone ever done it?  if so is it similar to giving blood?  does it take longer?

i used to give blood on a regular basis (haven't for a bit though, irons been a bit low the last few times i tried) so i know what that is like but i've never known anyone to donate plasma so i'm not sure what to expect.  i'm going either later today or tomorrow to see if i am able to do it.  making a few extra dollars this month would really help us out since i just had to get a new tire & have a get the alignment done on my van plus i want to go to visit my mom for a few weeks & we all know gas isn't cheap.

by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 6:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EireLass
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:04 AM
Yes, it does take longer. They set you in a recliner with a movie to watch.
Ive never done it. I have Lyme disease.
How much do they pay?
Jules_
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:08 AM

I did back in college

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:59 PM

not sure how much for each donation but the website for the one here says you can make up to $250 a month & can donate twice a week.  they pay more if your plasma is in high demand so i imagine a regular donator would make less then $250. 

Quoting EireLass: Yes, it does take longer. They set you in a recliner with a movie to watch. Ive never done it. I have Lyme disease. How much do they pay?

Gabbysmom615
by Kira on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:02 PM

ive never done it  the only hing i know is that u can get paid for it lol

elizabooks
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:04 PM

Takes between 30 minutes and an hour.  A little more complicated than giving blood, but not very difficult. remember you cannot bring the kids.

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:12 PM

wouldn't even if i could!  my oldest is a bit squeamish around needles, hates when they take my blood at the dr's office.  heck she can't even get her ears pierced because of it.  she would not do good seeing all that coming out of me!  my little guy would think it's cool though! ;o)

Quoting elizabooks:

Takes between 30 minutes and an hour.  A little more complicated than giving blood, but not very difficult. remember you cannot bring the kids.

proudmommy690
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:26 PM
I've never done it. Wonder how much they pay and what is involved.
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:34 PM

well if i'm able to do it i'll let you know.  the one by me says you can get up to $250 a month.  you can donate twice a week & they pay more for "in demand" plasma.  so i guess if you are one that is in high demand & do it twice a week you can get $250 a month.  not sure what the average joe makes though.

Quoting proudmommy690: I've never done it. Wonder how much they pay and what is involved.

proudmommy690
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:36 PM
Thanks. Is there a website to check this out?

Quoting lizzig:

well if i'm able to do it i'll let you know.  the one by me says you can get up to $250 a month.  you can donate twice a week & they pay more for "in demand" plasma.  so i guess if you are one that is in high demand & do it twice a week you can get $250 a month.  not sure what the average joe makes though.

Quoting proudmommy690: I've never done it. Wonder how much they pay and what is involved.

anotherandree
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:40 PM

My husband did it quite a bit when we lived in Wisconsin and were beyond broke.  LOL!  It would take about an hour.  He could do ti 3x a week and got $20, $20, and then $30.  The clock reset on Mondays so if he did not go the 3rd time in one week, he did not get the $30.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)