Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have no idea how to clean this and Google is no help.....

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:52 AM
  • 20 Replies

Okay so my husband has a Keurig and I have no idea how to clean it. I know it has been at least 6 months and frankly I am sure it needs cleaned lol I cant find the manual anywhere. My SIL says I need a special cleaner that is 4 dollars but I dont have it.

So anyone have any ideas?

Proud mommy of 1 special angel and 2 boys :-)
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wandep
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:54 AM

We have one but never clean it. lol

Peaceful.chaos
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:56 AM
White vinegar. Let it sit in the reservoir for an hour then keep hitting brew until you've emptied it. Run a couple reservoirs of clean water through it before making coffee again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KelliansMom
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:57 AM
I hand was the water reservoir and wipe down the machine. Once a month I run vintage through the machine.
Mrs.Pedro
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Yep, this is what my manual says to do basically but every 3 months instead of one a month. More often if using tap instead of filtered water.

Quoting KelliansMom: I hand was the water reservoir and wipe down the machine. Once a month I run vintage through the machine.

LoveMyBoyK
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:05 AM
Bump to clean Keurig when I get down to where it is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetLuci
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:15 AM

Let vinegar run through the cycle and then do water twice. That's it.

JRSMOM0621
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:21 AM

Thanks! I should really find that damn manual lol Good thing I have vinegar handy :)

Quoting SweetLuci:

Let vinegar run through the cycle and then do water twice. That's it.

JRSMOM0621
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:22 AM

Thank you!! I really need to find that manual lol I'll do this while my husband is at work so he isnt pissing with it making coffee haha

Quoting Peaceful.chaos: White vinegar. Let it sit in the reservoir for an hour then keep hitting brew until you've emptied it. Run a couple reservoirs of clean water through it before making coffee again.

aidensmomma508
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:26 AM

Idk not sure

bhow
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:26 AM

Vinegar, put about a quarter cup to the water full up.  Run it through, a couple of times.  I actually put more vinegar than that and run it through several times til I can't smell it any more.  Vinegar and water will clean just about anything, in doors and out!  It's an amazing thing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)