Group Home

Oh my poor grocery bill!

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:39 PM
  • 69 Replies
1 mom liked this

DS, who is 14, has started eating TWO sandwiches at lunch.  Last week two PB&Js, yesterday two grilled cheese.  Oh my poor grocery bill.  He's an athlete and probably still needs to eat more than that as he's burning more calories than he's consuming.

by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hannahsmommy816
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this

ah the teenage years....i remember coming home from school and no joke eating 3 pieces of toast as a snack.

he definitely needs those calories for fuel!

NatureGal82
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:44 PM
I know how you feel,I've got two kids and my daughter is an incredibly active girl & she eats like a college student and she's only 8,I'm surprised about how much she can put down at a meal time and then snacks,I'll buy things and with in two to three days they'll be gone,my son is a tad bit of a picky eater,on my weekend shopping trips there goes more money,however I do shop at cheap stores but still

Quoting carolina_gal:

DS, who is 14, has started eating TWO sandwiches at lunch.  Last week two PB&Js, yesterday two grilled cheese.  Oh my poor grocery bill.  He's an athlete and probably still needs to eat more than that as he's burning more calories than he's consuming.

wandep
by Pam on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:56 PM

Not there yet but dread it when we do get there. lol

Juniper53098
by June on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:01 PM
2 moms liked this

Give him foods with good healthy fats - a yogurt or kefir smoothies with coconut oil in it, for example.  Saturated, healthy fats fill you up and keep you satisfied longer.

Mygirl30248
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:03 PM
My DD is 6.5 & eats a lot. I switched her to organic cereals & better granola bars that fill her better. She eats whole wheat bread & spinach tortillas. These fill her better then other foods. Not sure if it will be the same as she gets older but for now it saves me money buying 1/2 our stuff organic etc.
VintageWife
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:08 PM
Yikes
cemcnair
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:14 PM
Eek!! I have two boys, they are going to eat me alive when they reach that stage!!
lyrick24
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:55 PM

i have three grandsons that live with me and its already outrageous. i can only imagine what it will be when they get older!

momofsix513
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:03 PM

Welcome to my world. My teenager eats 2-3 bowls of cereal for a snack after school. I have 6 kids and 4 live at home so we go thru 4 gallons a milk a week and about 6 boxes a cereal.

heydooney
by Danielle :) on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:09 PM
Yikes! I stopped buying cereal and got oatmeal instead. They weren't happy at first but they really like it now. Plus when cereal is super cheap on sale, it's like Christmas for them, haha!

Quoting momofsix513:

Welcome to my world. My teenager eats 2-3 bowls of cereal for a snack after school. I have 6 kids and 4 live at home so we go thru 4 gallons a milk a week and about 6 boxes a cereal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. egyptian_mommy
  2. SweetLuci
  3. BeachLifeMama
  4. proudmommy690
  5. Janet
  6. jconney80