Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever forgot your kid?

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:00 PM
  • 56 Replies

I did on Friday....ok, I didn't forget HIM, I only forgot his bus would come early.

My boys ride second load, if any event is going to cause a lot of kids to not be on the bus, they get put on first load and they get home about 30 minutes earlier.

I was at my brother's house with my youngest and my middle. Keaton was sick, so he didn't go to school that day. He slept on my brother's couch while I helped SIL do a few things. I forgot Kindergarten graduation (which Keaton was missing from being sick) and when I remembered, I rushed home. The bus beat me home by 4 minutes and as soon as I pulled into the driveway, I got the call that the bus tried to drop him off and was on it's way to try again. :X

Well, today....I get a phone call from Keaton's teacher. He's fine, he went back to school today. "I just wanted to let you know Keaton missed the bus. Is there anyway you can come get him?" Me:"How'd he manage that?" Teacher: "Well, I forgot they would be merging 1st and 2nd load today." Me: *trying to hide laughter..I can't be mad at this point, I just did the same thing on Friday* "Sure, will he be ok until Colton gets off the bus? I can't risk being gone when he gets here...again." Teacher: "Again?" Me: "Yeah, I forgot they'd be merging 1st and 2nd loads on Friday."

Then we laughed together. So now, my 6 year old is sitting at school with his teacher playing on her iPad until I can get to the school to pick him up, lol. At least I know he's safe :)

by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chibee
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I haven't forget her, but I've forgotten that I DIDN'T have her and flipped out in the store thinking someone had stolen her.   THAT was embarrassing....

IncognitoOne
by Angela on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:03 PM

I always open my car doors and freak out when they don't get out when they're not with me, lol.

Quoting Chibee:

I haven't forget her, but I've forgotten that I DIDN'T have her and flipped out in the store thinking someone had stolen her.   THAT was embarrassing....

proudmommy690
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:05 PM
Oh no lol! At least it was just an accident and they both were/are safe :)
lyrick24
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:08 PM

my daughter forgot my grandaughter at 4-H after school practice one day. the police were noified. cps had to investigate her because she had no good reason for leaving her there. she told them she forgot her. she didnt ride home on the bus and my daughter didnt question it.

louannwilkins
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:18 PM

LOL  I never did but that is funny!!  lol   :)

JasonsMom2007
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:24 PM
My mom and I were running across the street last year to pay for the group of 40 kids that would be shortly following us. Dd asked to come but I really wasn't paying much attention when my mom put her in the car. We got there and jumped out to run and pay because we were running late. We get inside and my mom yells "wait, where is she?" I'm going "with my husband..." and my mom goes "no, she came with us remember!"
I ran out to the car as fast as I could. She was sitting there with a shocked look on her face. I'm lucky the firefighters and emts right behind me didn't notice!
wandep
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:51 PM

Nope, glad things are okay tho.

Gabbysmom615
by Kira on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:55 PM

nope never done that

momofsixangels
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:08 PM

No not yet

virginiamama71
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:14 PM

Not yet...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)