Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i can't believe i just realized...... **update**

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:10 PM
  • 31 Replies

we haven't gotten our state tax refund yet.  we filed back at the end of january & had our federal refund by mid february.  i e-filed with both.  i went on the state's website to check the status of my refund & got this message "your return has been received, and it is currrently being processed."  i then called the number it gave me & got the same message.  i pushed the button to speak with a representative & was on hold for about 15min when i got a message saying to call back between the business hours of 8-5.  wth?!  i did call before 5 & was put on hold till after 5.  uhg!  gotta love the government!

i can't believe we haven't gotten it yet!!  can't believe i just now realized it!!  when i noticed we got our federal return back in february i checked to see if we also got our state & we hadn't.  i checked again at the end of the month but since i've been busy & it has completely slipped my mind.  the only reason i noticed it today was because i was looking for a transaction for my husband (he couldn't find the receipt & needed to know when he purchased something) i noticed the federal return & then started to look for the state.

we definitely could use that money now!  i want to take the kids to ohio so we can see my mom who isn't doing too well physically or mentally & in order to do that we need to do a few things to the van so it can make the long trip.  guess i know what i'll be doing all morning tomorrow. i'll be on the phone with the gdr trying to figure out what's up.

**update**

just got off the phone with the gdr about my state refund.  apparently my return was randomly selected for review.  uhm, ok, then why wasn't i notified?  the guy had no answer for that as he said they're supposed to send out a letter & he wasn't even showing that a letter had been sent out.  so if i had not called i may never have gotten the refund.  all he did was have me verify my address, where my husband & i were employed in 2013 & how long i had been working for the state (i work in a public elementary school therefore i'm "technically" a state employee).  that's it!  i asked when i should get my refund & he said by the end of the month if it was a direct deposit (which it is) or within 60 days if it's a check.  so it's only going to take 1/2 the year for me to get our refund!  at least that's all it was, it wasn't lost, wasn't being audited, etc.  still would have liked to have gotten that letter back in february so i could have gotten the money sooner.

by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
powow65
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:46 PM
Sounds like what I went through last year, remember?!
I think I got my federal but not my state.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy690
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:49 PM
Gah! How frustrating! I hope you get it soon.
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 6:00 PM

was it last year?  i was thinking it was this year you went through the same thing.

Quoting powow65: Sounds like what I went through last year, remember?! I think I got my federal but not my state.

louannwilkins
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 6:19 PM

What a pain!  I hope you can get through in the morning and get some answers without sitting on hold all day

ablackdolphin
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 6:46 PM
Crazy hope you get it soon
Madelaine
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:26 PM

Very frustrating!!

momofsixangels
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:44 PM

Thats nuts. Hope it comes

sunshinepraying
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:57 PM
How frustrating. I hope you get it soon
Whereismymind
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:00 PM
Frustrating !! Hope you get it soon
nngmommy83
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:26 PM
Hope you get it soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)