Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what the heck is going on lately?!!

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:32 PM
  • 22 Replies

a bit of a recap of some venting posts i made lately so you can understand the title of this one.

first post was about the new management at the apartment complex not having my lease renewal i did last november on file & had my lease expiring at the end of may.  so i had to look for the copy of the lease & take it to them to see that i did renew back in november.  okay, whatever i found it gave it to them & they're straightening things out.

then i never got my rent total for june from them.  we pay water/sewer/trash with our rent & that always fluctuates a few dollars every month so we can't just pay the same every month.  i called friday afternoon & got no answer, not at home till after they closed so i couldn't just walk down there to ask.  tried again on saturday when they opened & again no answer so i walked down there & they were closed.  no explanation as to why & they are always closed on sundays.  i left before they were open today so i called as soon as they opened & was told to call back in the afternoon because their computers were down.  i call back & one of the ladies gives me a total that's $330 more than we pay.  i couldn't help but laugh & asked her why the heck it was so much & she said "what do you mean?".  i told her what our rent typically is & she said, "oh, why is it so much more?" uhm, i don't know, you work in the office!  so she told me to just pay what we did last month since the rent is due tomorrow by 9am & she'd look into it & get back to me.

if the whole rent thing wasn't enough i had the whole issue with the tire change from hell.  where it took over 2hrs to change a flat on my van because it kept rolling off the jacks (3 different ones & ended up bending mine beyond use).  then after we finally got it on saturday afternoon we wake up to it being low on sunday.  hubby took it to put air in it & by the eve it was low again.  took it back to the tire shop today & they couldn't find any issue with it but replaced it anyways.  yeah!  that's one plus.

then when i got home hubby wanted me to look for something in an old bankstatement & upon doing so i realized we haven't gotten our state refund yet.  we e-filed back in january & had our federal refund the beginning of february.  no clue as to why we haven't gotten state yet.  i checked on line & got a message it was being processed so i called hoping to speak to someone.  i called before 5 & was on hold for 15min then got a message saying to call back in regular business hours 8-5.  give me a break!!  i called before 5 & was on hold till after 5.  i hate trying to deal with government offices!  so now i have to spend probably much of tomorrow morning on the phone trying to figure out what's up with my refund. 

while i'm typing this i'm sitting here wondering what else is going to happen this week.  i mean all this has just been since last thursday!

by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
proudmommy690
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:53 PM
Sounds like the new owners need to get their crap straight. Sounds like a frustrating week already :/ I hope everything straightens out for you.
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:58 PM

me too! because that's allot of b.s for the past 5 days. 

Quoting proudmommy690: Sounds like the new owners need to get their crap straight. Sounds like a frustrating week already :/ I hope everything straightens out for you.

louannwilkins
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 6:22 PM

Wow...what a pain in the rear!!  Hopefully you'll get some answers about how the money could be so different and also NO more "bad luck"  :)

ablackdolphin
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 6:42 PM
Dang! I hate it when you have to do other's work for them!!
momofsixangels
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:46 PM

Best wishes sent your way

nngmommy83
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:24 PM
Oh no! Hope things start getting better
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Leelee1008
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:43 PM

oh wow.. thats crazy

decor42
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:26 PM

Hopefully you will get the refund tomorrow.

BeachLifeMama
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:22 PM
That stinks. I hope you'll get refund. Good luck.
LifeCafe42
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:28 PM
Wow it can only go up from here
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)