Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Election Calls are Driving Me Insane

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:28 PM
  • 30 Replies

Tomorrow is voting day for Californians and I have been getting so many phone calls trying to get my support.  I told them I voted a week ago, and my ballot is already in, I vote by mail, yet they still call.  I just wonder if these phone calls really produce votes.  I don't think I would vote for someone just because I got a phone call and was told all of their accomplishments.  I'm thinking they should save their labor support and go out and perform acts of community service for the person they represent and that would catch my attention.  

Has anyone voted for someone based on a campaign call to your house?  

by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nngmommy83
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this
They're driving me nuts too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
virginiamama71
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:47 PM

Nothing here yet.

When they do call it's always on the landline and I never answer that.

When election time comes I always know who I will vote for and do not need all the flyers and phone calls to inform me.

aubsmom09
by Erin on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I never answer my landline so I haven't talked to anyone.  That would drive me crazy though.

decor42
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:06 PM

These are known as robo calls, often times not by the candidate themselves and yes they can be annoying. During my campaign I took my list of registered voters and made random calls to about every 20th person.  Personal visits are better received than one thinks and yes, they do make a difference.  Again, this is on a much smaller scaled election. Quoting momofnatalie---community service is a necessity to the candidate. 

Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:19 PM

nope-they dont do calls here-they go door to door

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:30 PM
Ive only gotten flyers on my car thank goodness
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melliburger
by Melli on Jun. 3, 2014 at 12:10 AM

We don't have a home line !

momofnatalie
by Lisa on Jun. 3, 2014 at 12:34 AM

That's how I feel.  I got so many flyers and postcards, I'm glad I can throw them in the recycle bin so at least they could be remade until something else.  I don't answer my phone if its a private call but if it's a local area, I do answer it because I make a lot of calls for my father's healthcare and manage his insurance issues related to his care.  I'm glad the calls will be stop until probably October when the next election occurs. lol

Quoting virginiamama71:

Nothing here yet.

When they do call it's always on the landline and I never answer that.

When election time comes I always know who I will vote for and do not need all the flyers and phone calls to inform me.

momofnatalie
by Lisa on Jun. 3, 2014 at 12:47 AM

That is so nice that you did that.  I get the normal recorded calls but there were lots of people calling me and I told them I was an absentee voter and they kept calling me about the same candidate.  I guess they each get the same list to call and don't cross off ones they contacted.  It must be a very contested race because they call every day for the last week.  I hope you won your election, it sounds like you really tried to reach out to your constituents.

Quoting decor42:

These are known as robo calls, often times not by the candidate themselves and yes they can be annoying. During my campaign I took my list of registered voters and made random calls to about every 20th person.  Personal visits are better received than one thinks and yes, they do make a difference.  Again, this is on a much smaller scaled election. Quoting momofnatalie---community service is a necessity to the candidate. 

virginiamama71
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 7:05 AM

That's worse than the phone calls...lol

Quoting Tigress22304:

nope-they dont do calls here-they go door to door

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)