Group Home

Have you ever been fired from a job?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 12:44 PM
  • 49 Replies

If so, what happened?

cartoon of a Pepsi worker being fired because he tested positive for ...

by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 12:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rust.n.Gears
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 12:50 PM
Yes. It was so wrong. My friend died at work in my arms. I had to take a week off that I had the time for. But my boss fired me. I fought it and won. He lost his job.
yvonne37
by Platinum Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 1:10 PM

once... i had been getting sick a lot because where I was working at the time was a safety environmental removal company and they were bringing in asbestos and stuff like that into the office in regular bags.. so I took a lot of sick days.  I complained to my employer and he didnt like me too much because I know the law... anyway he fired me because of excesive days and then told unemployment so they wouldnt give me my checks.. i faugnt it and won, I had all my medical records and notes.. after that I called the health department on him.. i was worried about my ex co workers and pissed at his ways.  they closed down about a year after.  I found out he didnt even have a phd in chemistry and that his "diploma" was fake.

angieluvsolivia
by Angie on Jun. 3, 2014 at 1:17 PM

Yes, I was fired for having to take too much time off (more than company policy allowed) because I was having problems with my pregnancy and kept going on bed rest.

amyjane22
by Amy on Jun. 3, 2014 at 1:19 PM

LOL, love the cartoon!

I was fired one time...I guess.  I accidentally worked 1 hour of overtime when I was a crew leader for the census.  They fired me.  I was devastated.  They called the next day asking me to come back and I declined.  They called me 3 more times over the next few months asking me to come back....crazy!

MistressMinerva
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 1:21 PM

Nope

MistressMinerva
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 1:22 PM

Glad you fought it and won.

Quoting Rust.n.Gears: Yes. It was so wrong. My friend died at work in my arms. I had to take a week off that I had the time for. But my boss fired me. I fought it and won. He lost his job.

MistressMinerva
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 1:23 PM

Wow! Glad you fought it and won.

Quoting yvonne37:

once... i had been getting sick a lot because where I was working at the time was a safety environmental removal company and they were bringing in asbestos and stuff like that into the office in regular bags.. so I took a lot of sick days.  I complained to my employer and he didnt like me too much because I know the law... anyway he fired me because of excesive days and then told unemployment so they wouldnt give me my checks.. i faugnt it and won, I had all my medical records and notes.. after that I called the health department on him.. i was worried about my ex co workers and pissed at his ways.  they closed down about a year after.  I found out he didnt even have a phd in chemistry and that his "diploma" was fake.

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Jun. 3, 2014 at 1:25 PM

Yes..I was working with mother in law, mother in law and I had a fight....I was fired....I learned not to work with family....

cemcnair
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 1:26 PM
Whoa :(
What happened? Was it a dangerous job?

Quoting Rust.n.Gears: Yes. It was so wrong. My friend died at work in my arms. I had to take a week off that I had the time for. But my boss fired me. I fought it and won. He lost his job.
childofgod04
by Platinum Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 1:28 PM

I have never been fired. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. BeachLifeMama
  3. SweetLuci
  4. mom2jessnky
  5. mrswillie
  6. proudmommy690