Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it tacky?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 2:43 PM
  • 124 Replies
If I wear the same dress I wore 3 years ago to one bil's wedding, on Saturday for the other bil's wedding? (They are brothers, my dh's half brothers on his dad's side, they were not raised together).
We do not live near them. The bil getting married Saturday, I've only even met at my wedding his brother's wedding (who got married 3 years ago).
I only own two dresses. One that is appropriate for a wedding. Do I need to buy a new one?
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fraujones
by Amanda on Jun. 3, 2014 at 2:49 PM
3 moms liked this

I would, especially if it looks good. 

mom2jessnky
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't see any issue with it.

malibucj
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 3:16 PM
2 moms liked this

I personally wouldn't care to wear the same one, but just good for though. Woud you be okay with pictures having you in the same dress as before?

JessiFaye
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 3:17 PM
1 mom liked this

If you're just a guest, I would wear it again. I doubt anybody will notice. If they do, make a joke out of it.

TigerofMu
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 3:31 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't know why this would be tacky.  It was 3 years ago!  If you need a new dress because it doesn't fit, or you want and can afford a new dress that's one thing, but I don't think you need one!

virginiamama71
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 3:44 PM
1 mom liked this

It's not tacky.

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 3:48 PM

i'd do it simple for the fact i'm not a dress kinda gal & if i got a dress for one wedding you'd better bet i'm wearing it to all other such events.  but i've never cared what others thought of my style so i don't care if i make a fashion faux pas.  wouldn't bother me one bit if someone actually noticed & said something either.

elasmimi
by Ruby Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 3:49 PM

I would never have thought of that!

Quoting malibucj:

I personally wouldn't care to wear the same one, but just good for though. Woud you be okay with pictures having you in the same dress as before?

cemcnair
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 3:56 PM
I guess that's why I thought it might be tacky. While I don't care, there will be photographic evidence that it's the same dress!!

Quoting malibucj:

cemcnair
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 4:10 PM
I own exactly two dresses, lol! I'm not a dress person either!

Quoting lizzig:

i'd do it simple for the fact i'm not a dress kinda gal & if i got a dress for one wedding you'd better bet i'm wearing it to all other such events.  but i've never cared what others thought of my style so i don't care if i make a fashion faux pas.  wouldn't bother me one bit if someone actually noticed & said something either.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN